Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

2 minutes ago, Ian McCallum said:

What's really annoying is that Yodel has been experiencing delays with deliveries, so if it had been delivered when it was supposed to be, I would have been in. 

Most couriers take a photo of the delivered item, but this wasn't done. I'm just wondering if the driver dumped it somewhere, as it wouldn't be the first time! 

Seems to be happening more and more :( ... i am waiting for a Right angle finder to be delivered from FLO but its coincided with a postal strike ... and as it was meant to be delivered to work address i wont have it until at least monday ... If they can be bothered to deliver it at all zzzzz

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

Yodel was supposed to deliver the 0.965" to 1.25" adapter yesterday. I was away from just under 24hrs there, so I wasn't in. 

I sent a SMS message to the driver about where to leave it. They never replied and left it in a wheelie bin outside, a few hours later. 

I come back this afternoon and it's not in the place where it supposed to be. I've checked everywhere, so I've raised this with Yodel and the ebay seller. 

Yodel are going to investigate, but I fear it's been stolen. It's not expensive or anything, but just very annoying! 🤬

Yodel once delivered a pair of running shoes in my recycling bin...on bin day... oh well, it was a long process to get the refund 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

Seems to be happening more and more :( ... i am waiting for a Right angle finder to be delivered from FLO but its coincided with a postal strike ... and as it was meant to be delivered to work address i wont have it until at least monday ... If they can be bothered to deliver it at all zzzzz

Since the strikes began i only use DPD now. It’s more expensive but I’ll bite the bullet until the strikes are over.

• Like 3

Ok this came via the postman today.  A Z Bolt green laser pointer, mount and remote switch.  Rated down to 14 F.  I think i finally have all the accessories hanging on the 16 now.  

IMG_20221125_152841135.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Q said:

Ok this came via the postman today.  A Z Bolt green laser pointer, mount and remote switch.  Rated down to 14 F.  I think i finally have all the accessories hanging on the 16 now.  

IMG_20221125_152841135.jpg

So do you have the laser on both of your dobsonians now?

5 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

So do you have the laser on both of your dobsonians now?

Yes i do.  They are a great little tool for getting on target quickly.  Mostly i use ot for things i can see easily.  Just swing to the target and get close, center it in the finder and then go to the eyepiece.  Works like a champ. 

Santa came early this week...

20221125_134637.thumb.jpg.cfc6df2c3232847c35b6760b8e8e79ae.jpg

First the FedEx elves delivered a brand new SW 150PDS from FLO...😁

(previous SW Capricorn + EQ1 in the background)

Then I had a fun drive this week to collect this HEQ5 and other bits sold to me by @Startinez 👍

Had a very quick play last night among the clouds - much work needed to get the hang of the HEQ5 but the dual speed focuser on the 150PDS is kickass! 💪

• Like 13

18 hours ago, Ian McCallum said:

Mystery solved, as a neighbour had seen the driver putting it in my bin and had left a note just inside the close door. She just gave it to me now.🙄

20221125_164051.jpg

Glad it all worked out for you.  Our Postman is always asking me to take parcels for my neighbours which , I am happy to do. We had some torrential rain a couple of days ago and I noticed Amazon had left a large box on my neighbour's front step, It was getting soaked. I had to brave the rain to get that one. I didn't see my neighbour come home,but later saw him outside looking bewildered trying to find a parcel from Amazon. He'd obviously had the mail form them saying they had delivered it 🙂   I let him know ,I had it and we'd taken it in out of the rain. He was a happy chap as the contents were paper 🙂 Most of our delivery guys are great, but I guess they are under pressure to get everything delivered. I would imagine they will get busier as people turn away from Royal Mail after this last lot of strike action and Xmas approaches.

• Like 1

I would like to improve the quantitative aspects of some of my observing notes (particularly doubles) so thought i would give this a try. I can get it it to 100x (and 200x with a power mate) in one scope and will be something like 40x and 80x in another. I'm ok on position angle usually (+/- 15...20 degrees) but my brain does get mushy on simple divisions of the EP FOV for size or separation at times...

IMG_3343.thumb.jpeg.2a0f1552cb449c2f34cccabcf6ab8d8f.jpeg

IMG_3345.thumb.jpeg.2caf5b5276fcce710db4144aff788902.jpeg

• Like 6

BST StarGuider 12mm. Arrived this morning, 1st purchase after buying my scope to replace the supplied 10mm eyepiece that came with it, it’s not because it was bad, it was the eye end opening, it was tiny, and wearing glasses really had a problem with seeing through it, but with the BST, I feel I could stick my whole head in it. 
E027A8E3-CD8F-4A43-ADE1-F080568A6E23.thumb.jpeg.c1616909d9121dd29b2cc0098f787edf.jpeg

Just need a patch of clear sky now to try it out. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Kluson said:

Glad it all worked out for you.  Our Postman is always asking me to take parcels for my neighbours which , I am happy to do. We had some torrential rain a couple of days ago and I noticed Amazon had left a large box on my neighbour's front step, It was getting soaked. I had to brave the rain to get that one. I didn't see my neighbour come home,but later saw him outside looking bewildered trying to find a parcel from Amazon. He'd obviously had the mail form them saying they had delivered it 🙂   I let him know ,I had it and we'd taken it in out of the rain. He was a happy chap as the contents were paper 🙂 Most of our delivery guys are great, but I guess they are under pressure to get everything delivered. I would imagine they will get busier as people turn away from Royal Mail after this last lot of strike action and Xmas approaches.

I certainly can appreciate that, as one time I worked for them as a agency driver, for a brief period.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Joef said:

BST StarGuider 12mm. Arrived this morning, 1st purchase after buying my scope to replace the supplied 10mm eyepiece that came with it, it’s not because it was bad, it was the eye end opening, it was tiny, and wearing glasses really had a problem with seeing through it, but with the BST, I feel I could stick my whole head in it. 
E027A8E3-CD8F-4A43-ADE1-F080568A6E23.thumb.jpeg.c1616909d9121dd29b2cc0098f787edf.jpeg

Just need a patch of clear sky now to try it out. 

I've got the full range of BST's.👍

Another DPD delivery today from FLO. This time it was a ZWO 30F4 guide scope and a ASI120MM mini guide camera, a ZWO UV/IR cut filter, a 210mm dovetail bar, a M42 to 1.25” filter holder, a AE finder shoe, and finally a AE Vixen style dovetail clamp. I went to put it all together and realized I had no fixing screws for the dovetail. 

F9654375-B59D-4132-B3C6-1D9403FCAF44.thumb.jpeg.b66a8d19d5afba72b6cd52f9d49d5220.jpeg

81A594C0-DD22-4D28-8462-C8933C06C90D.thumb.jpeg.a3c3e9d1f21b2cd92ecbbc350dc9e8e6.jpeg

4594D5E6-582E-4C48-B619-76304204E1C5.thumb.jpeg.dfb61362114d4cd1c65bb9fb57159fde.jpeg

Edited by bosun21
Typo
  • Like 8

FARPOINT 12.5" Dovetail Plate for Takahashi Clamshell "D" Sized for my Tak FS128. 
Secures the clamshell to the bar and then fitted to the saddle on the AZ100. 
The clamshell was bolted directly to the mount but it was giving me a few
palpitations when moving the scope around when balancing. 
This is now solid. Not wanting any accidents to befall this scope. 
John 

CD154C2E-F0E6-44AA-AFB9-946026405580.thumb.jpeg.c1a1e766c0d8056bc5636352ee481115.jpeg83AE7773-FB30-437B-B867-AE820951DB4E.thumb.jpeg.142f12f9a5af40cb30c92ea8b3f59e99.jpeg15722DD2-F23C-4262-869B-79DE6ACBADD5.thumb.jpeg.1db989257c2cd674da4a3c9125b6c78c.jpeg

• Like 8

DPD gave me some worries this morning.

Was expecting, and looking forward to, a delivery on Monday. To my surprise they turned up today and the missus took the delivery in.

When I saw the box I thought that's a bit small for the 2 items ordered. I picked it up and it was quite a weight, so checked the label and it had Box 2 of 2 on it!!

Thinking the driver probably had the other box I tried to contact DPD to confirm this and see if he could deliver it today if it was on his van. Telephone support was useless, diverted to local depot number and told they were closed. So I tried the chat option - was about 49th in the queue but it dropped down quite quick. It turns out there are 2 boxes but each had a different delivery reference, so one was delivered today and the other is due Monday.

Oh, the content:

• Box 2 today had a ZWO AM5 mount snugly inside.
  • Box 1 due Monday is the carbon fibre tripod for it.

Before I had the full details I was thinking that at least it was 'lucky' that the missing box was the leeast expensiver one to go awol.

I'll add pics when it's on the tripod and fully scope laden.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

DPD gave me some worries this morning.

Was expecting, and looking forward to, a delivery on Monday. To my surprise they turned up today and the missus took the delivery in.

When I saw the box I thought that's a bit small for the 2 items ordered. I picked it up and it was quite a weight, so checked the label and it had Box 2 of 2 on it!!

Thinking the driver probably had the other box I tried to contact DPD to confirm this and see if he could deliver it today if it was on his van. Telephone support was useless, diverted to local depot number and told they were closed. So I tried the chat option - was about 49th in the queue but it dropped down quite quick. It turns out there are 2 boxes but each had a different delivery reference, so one was delivered today and the other is due Monday.

Oh, the content:

• Box 2 today had a ZWO AM5 mount snugly inside.
  • Box 1 due Monday is the carbon fibre tripod for it.

Before I had the full details I was thinking that at least it was 'lucky' that the missing box was the leeast expensiver one to go awol.

I'll add pics when it's on the tripod and fully scope laden.

Did you buy it from Rother valley optics?, as I have received several orders from them that was split into two deliveries.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

Did you buy it from Rother valley optics?, as I have received several orders from them that was split into two deliveries.

No from 365Astronomy - always had good service and advice from Zoltan and posted free.

• Like 2

Beautiful and pristine pair of waterproof wide angle 7x50 Vixen 7x50 binoculars with 7.3 degree field. They look unused!

Dating from (I think) the 1990's, these have the JB-2 mark next to the prism casing, denoting that they were made by Komatsu of Japan, a very prestigious and highly regarded maker who also built for the likes of Nikon and others.

These were superbly packaged (as always) by @Franklin - many thanks Tim!!

Complete with all Vixen original caps, these also come with IF (Independent Focusing), so great for Astro.

Quite hefty and Tim very kindly included a tripod adapter which will allow me to use them on my Amazon Trigger Grip mount.

Can't wait to try these out!👍

Dave

IMG_20221126_172729968.jpg

IMG_20221126_172631874.jpg

IMG_20221126_172801167.jpg

IMG_20221126_172612469.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
Typo
  • Like 12

So a nice little drive back to Hertfordshire to pick up a really interesting scope from @Rustang…. A fusion of Tal and skywatcher … a 100mm aperture  refractor as made by @Saganite. It looks lovely on the AZ4 . Can’t wait to try it out , although as we all know when buying gear the clouds inevitably roll in . 

DACDBF04-1E30-4613-A949-7B591F510258.jpeg

Edited by Stu1smartcookie
  • Like 15

9 minutes ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

So a nice little drive back to Hertfordshire to pick up a really interesting scope from @Rustang…. A fusion of Tal and skywatcher … a 100mm aperture  refractor as made by @Saganite. It looks lovely on the AZ4 . Can’t wait to try it out , although as we all know when buying gear the clouds inevitably roll in . 

DACDBF04-1E30-4613-A949-7B591F510258.jpeg

Lovely scope Stu.

Just needs some red striping on it.. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1