Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

F765699C-0B62-41DB-9A41-7CE4C06071ED.thumb.jpeg.823de36463dd547556a4cf5c8a2a331e.jpegMeteorite number three, the collection is growing. Finally a Campo! Small but pleasingly heavy and lovely in the hand.

I have a suspicion that an etched slice of an iron is coming my way for my birthday early December. Fingers crossed.

I now have an Iron. A Pallasite and a Chondrite so that is the three main types covered.

Marv

Edited by Marvin Jenkins
Forgot to add photo
  • Like 13

7 hours ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

F765699C-0B62-41DB-9A41-7CE4C06071ED.thumb.jpeg.823de36463dd547556a4cf5c8a2a331e.jpegMeteorite number three, the collection is growing. Finally a Campo! Small but pleasingly heavy and lovely in the hand.

I have a suspicion that an etched slice of an iron is coming my way for my birthday early December. Fingers crossed.

I now have an Iron. A Pallasite and a Chondrite so that is the three main types covered.

Marv

~

Ah, yes! I remember that one falling...

• Haha 3

On 21/11/2022 at 11:57, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Jeremy you may have opened a can of worms.

Please Dave don't start posting pics of yourself draped across your latest dob in suspenders, clutching a cigarette holder in one hand & in the other a Martini with a lemon twist.

It needs a handle, to allow for safe, er, handling..:help:

Dave

• Haha 2

On 15/11/2022 at 21:09, Ags said:

An Asus ZenBook UX425QA_UM425QA 14" laptop. A hexacore Ryzen processor with 16 GB of RAM. It's not an ultrabook... it's an astrobook!

I bought it for the weight (1.3 kgs), fast processor, AMD integrated graphics, and the (most importantly) very long battery duration. It's also powered from USB-C, so it will be easy to boost the battery life with a separate power pack.

Currently various parts of the software maze are speaking to me in Dutch, but at least the laptop smiles when it recognizes my face!

Picked up super-cheap as a customer return with a very small dent on the back and tiny scratch on the charger.

Well, id died after three days - flickering screen. Now I have a new one delivered, looking good so far!

• Like 1

On 23/11/2022 at 12:33, Ian McCallum said:

Nothing fantastic from the postie, just cheap junk from eBay, so that I can at least look through the old Prinz Astral 500 I bought last week... 🙄

I'm still waiting for a 0.965" to 1.25" adapter being delivered... 

20221123_122722.jpg

A Prinz Astral 500! My parents bought me a Prinz Astral 100 for Christmas 1970-something when I was a small boy. Didn’t see much but for a while I loved it. And could only dream of a model 500.

Sadly my mother gave it to a charity shop in 1990-something. 

• Like 1

Yodel was supposed to deliver the 0.965" to 1.25" adapter yesterday. I was away from just under 24hrs there, so I wasn't in. 

I sent a SMS message to the driver about where to leave it. They never replied and left it in a wheelie bin outside, a few hours later. 

I come back this afternoon and it's not in the place where it supposed to be. I've checked everywhere, so I've raised this with Yodel and the ebay seller. 

Yodel are going to investigate, but I fear it's been stolen. It's not expensive or anything, but just very annoying! 🤬

• Sad 4

21 minutes ago, Ian McCallum said:

Yodel was supposed to deliver the 0.965" to 1.25" adapter yesterday. I was away from just under 24hrs there, so I wasn't in. 

I sent a SMS message to the driver about where to leave it. They never replied and left it in a wheelie bin outside, a few hours later. 

I come back this afternoon and it's not in the place where it supposed to be. I've checked everywhere, so I've raised this with Yodel and the ebay seller. 

Yodel are going to investigate, but I fear it's been stolen. It's not expensive or anything, but just very annoying! 🤬

Sorry to hear about this. I know this won't help recover the lost item, but what I would do, is get a lockable postbox and leave the key in the lock, telling them to unlock it, place the item inside, re-lock it then post the key in your letterbox or the post box.

This is what I have.

GR_Postbox.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mandy D said:

Sorry to hear about this. I know this won't help recover the lost item, but what I would do, is get a lockable postbox and leave the key in the lock, telling them to unlock it, place the item inside, re-lock it then post the key in your letterbox or the post box.

This is what I have.

GR_Postbox.jpg

I live in a close with a door entry system. We've been getting some upgrade work done to the front door, but he should have been able to get in. 

• Like 1

What's really annoying is that Yodel has been experiencing delays with deliveries, so if it had been delivered when it was supposed to be, I would have been in. 

Most couriers take a photo of the delivered item, but this wasn't done. I'm just wondering if the driver dumped it somewhere, as it wouldn't be the first time!