SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

15 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Sorry @Stu… I had a stock watch on this one too, and just happened to see the email and respond almost instantly 😬

Pretty sure they only get one or (perhaps) two in stock at any time… highly sought after 😮

No worries 🤣🤣 I need to be quicker on the draw next time!

• Like 1

Bought the cheapest laser collimator I could find on Amazon on the basis if it couldn't collimate I could return it.  Turns out the one I got was exactly the same as the old one.

Also turns out my Tair 3 tube rings are the perfect size to hold a 2' eyepiece (almost) so I've got a decent rig to mounbtit on 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

80mm finder Mike, nice
I had to chuckle as for a long time I had an 80mm as my only telescope!

It was truly a go big or go home kinda thing.   Even though it has a dew built into it i will be making an extension for it so it can be even longer 

Yep, vintage Art Deco uranium glass from Bohemia, and yes, it's very nice. Unfortunately I don't have a geiger counter to put on it, but you'd probably get a bigger dose living in a granite house on Dartmoor.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JeremyS said:

A reflection of a Bohemian lifestyle, Dave? 😊

Jeremy you may have opened a can of worms.

Please Dave don't start posting pics of yourself draped across your latest dob in suspenders, clutching a cigarette holder in one hand & in the other a Martini with a lemon twist.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Jeremy you may have opened a can of worms.

Please Dave don't start posting pics of yourself draped across your latest dob in suspenders, clutching a cigarette holder in one hand & in the other a Martini with a lemon twist.

I don't have a dob 😆

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I don't have a dob 😆

Linguistically this statement is fascinating.  You have said 4 words about the dob, but it implies far more about the other items. 🤣

Edited by Ratlet
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Ratlet said:

Linguistically this statement is fascinating.  You have said 4 words about the dob, but it implies far more about the other items. 🤣

Or is it “Frankly, I don’t give a Dob“ ? 

🤣

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1