Narrowband

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

51 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Here is a picture of one I've not seen, 

20221117_181603.jpg

Phi2 Cancri is listed in Sissy Hass’ book already. Not sure if there are any new ones that aren’t listed in either CDSA or DSFST, but I stand to be corrected by any eagle eyed readers of them both! ;) 

Edited by Knighty2112
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Phi2 Cancri is listed in Sissy Hass’ book already. Not sure if there are any new ones that aren’t listed in either CDSA or DSFST, but I stand to be corrected by any eagle eyed readers of them both! ;) 

Yes Gus, it is in Haas and not CDSA.  That's because it is not a physical double, and CDSA tends to be limited to physical rather than optical examples.

But I still like the presentation!

Doug.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Yes Gus, it is in Haas and not CDSA.  That's because it is not a physical double, and CDSA tends to be limited to physical rather than optical examples.

Doug.

Yes, got a copy of it too and well worth it. 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 16/11/2022 at 11:25, tbones147 said:

Sorry for the cloudy skies going forward, the postman has kindly delivered a Svbony 7-21mm zoom lens. I'm just hoping its better than my stock 25mm & 10mm. Not got the funds for anything expensive so have gone this route. Still new at this lark, and learning the ropes.

You’ll love using it - It’s a super eyepiece - excellent value for money and great performance. Don’t worry about comparisons to more expensive eyepieces - they are not relevant  here. Just enjoy it. It’s probably my most used eyepiece for grab and go observing opportunities! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Doug.

As far as I can see Doug the only double listed not in either the Haas book or the Cambridge doubles star atlas is Struve 304 in Perseus. Faint wide pair listed as mags 7.5 and 10.7, with 25” sep. Not the most exciting one to try for, but I’ll give it a shot with the C8 SCT when skies and conditions allow. :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Astro_Dad said:

You’ll love using it - It’s a super eyepiece - excellent value for money and great performance. Don’t worry about comparisons to more expensive eyepieces - they are not relevant  here. Just enjoy it. It’s probably my most used eyepiece for grab and go observing opportunities! 

Cheers, hopefully get out tonight as clear skies for a while predicted. Had a little test indoors at a lighted wall and the eyepiece seems clear from any blemishes, so that’s a good start.

Finally, after ages waiting for it to come back into stock… one popped up yesterday 😮

Baader Maxbright ii Binoviewers 😃

Already mounted my Baader T2 Prism onto it, ready to fit to my Mewlon… can’t wait to try these out 🤞

36001739-27DC-40F8-A6D4-08A148DDC798.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 9

31 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Finally, after ages waiting for it to come back into stock… one popped up yesterday 😮

Already mounted my Baader T2 Prism onto it, ready to fit to my Mewlon… can’t wait to try these out 🤞

Snap! FLO managed to get me these well ahead of the quoted lead time. I've only used them a couple of times but they are so much easier to use then the WO ones. Views are stunning. So far I am very very impressed and they would seem to justify all the positive reviews and comments I have read about them. I was blown away with the view of the moon the other morning in the Mewlon before work (Tak 28mm Erfles in), got a real 3D effect for the first time. Our house is so cold at the moment, the Mewlon was pretty well cooled before I took it out. It is also so easy to carry out and attach to the tripod/mount that grab and go took on a new meaning for me 🙂

Malcolm

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MalcolmM said:

Snap! FLO managed to get me these well ahead of the quoted lead time. I've only used them a couple of times but they are so much easier to use then the WO ones. Views are stunning. So far I am very very impressed and they would seem to justify all the positive reviews and comments I have read about them. I was blown away with the view of the moon the other morning in the Mewlon before work (Tak 28mm Erfles in), got a real 3D effect for the first time. Our house is so cold at the moment, the Mewlon was pretty well cooled before I took it out. It is also so easy to carry out and attach to the tripod/mount that grab and go took on a new meaning for me 🙂

Malcolm

Awesome, that's exactly what I'm hoping for... thanks 🤞

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Great binoviewer, I fitted the heavy duty quick changer on mine as it’s a pain to have to unscrew each time you want to change the GPC or the position of the binoviewer. Fantastic addition.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HollyHound said:

So it was you was it! 🤣🤣

I saw the mail about three hours after it arrived and they were out of stock again by then. Another few months to wait again by the looks of it. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Already mounted my Baader T2 Prism onto it, ready to fit to my Mewlon… can’t wait to try these out

Hi Hollyhound, congratulations on a great bit of kit. what eye pieces do you think you will use with these? 

• Thanks 1

Lovely 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bosun21 said:

Great binoviewer, I fitted the heavy duty quick changer on mine as it’s a pain to have to unscrew each time you want to change the GPC or the position of the binoviewer. Fantastic addition.

Thanks 😃

That’s my plan too… using just the T2 will work for now, but ultimately want to swap between this binoviewer and T2 prism and a Baader 2” BBHS mirror diagonal 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stu said:

So it was you was it! 🤣🤣

I saw the mail about three hours after it arrived and they were out of stock again by then. Another few months to wait again by the looks of it. Enjoy!

Sorry @Stu… I had a stock watch on this one too, and just happened to see the email and respond almost instantly 😬

Pretty sure they only get one or (perhaps) two in stock at any time… highly sought after 😮

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy ES said:

Hi Hollyhound, congratulations on a great bit of kit. what eye pieces do you think you will use with these? 

Thanks 👍

I use my pair of Hyperion Zooms in my WO binoviewers, so likely go with those to start with.

Initially only plan to use these with the Mewlon, as I don’t think I need the GPC for that. However, I will also look to use them with the FC-100DZ at some point too 🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1