Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

11 hours ago, Dave scutt said:

Maybe it could be a new topic. 

Show us your green and black habit

It is not a colour or brand specific affliction, you go down a rabbit hole with any high end eyepiece purchase,
always one leads to another and another .....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

It is not a colour or brand specific affliction, you go down a rabbit hole with any high end eyepiece purchase,
always one leads to another and another .....

And it doesn’t take long for my “I need to collect the whole set” OCD to kick in 😊

Not so bad for eyepieces, but could be a problem if it’s OCD for a complete set of Tak fracs 🤔

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, JeremyS said:

And it doesn’t take long for my “I need to collect the whole set” OCD to kick in 😊

Not so bad for eyepieces, but could be a problem if it’s OCD for a complete set of Tak fracs 🤔

Something that you are fast working towards Mr S?
Or was that long Tak List my imagination the other week?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Simon Pepper said:

Oh a double whammy look what Mr Postman bought today new optics, but it’s all about that SGL mug! Oh and unbelievably I have clear skies tonight the stars have aligned! 

FF47AA50-DC0D-48A5-A7AD-51A97ACB7E49.jpeg

Thought you were easing up on your spending Simon 🤣

• Like 1

He brought me another piece of Tak! Takakashi FC-76DC Objective Unit for FS-60CB. I can have 60CB or 60Q or 76DC or 76Q and I used to have problems choosing which eyepiece to use :)

First light already! I spotted a nearly full moon through the toilet window at 5 this morning. Couldn't resist and attached it to the 60CB with the Q extender. Beautifully crisp views in-between the scudding clouds in nothing but a dressing gown! Who says astronomers are strange :) The very narrow focus sweet spot of the 60CB became very forgiving in 76Q mode and was easy to achieve despite the moon continually appearing and disappearing through the clouds. It's a great performer as well as looking fabulous. Simply cannot understand why my partner didn't want to leave the warm bed and join me :)

Malcolm

IMG_20210923_075907231.thumb.jpg.69402a094e82060d7624917212474ebc.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

Child number 2 packed off to Uni and as the food/begging bills are now vastly reduced a little extra cash to squander. Looking forward to trying the 8mm Radian thanks to @toshapetriji and the ZWO 485MC from FLO.

PXL_20210923_125330312_2.jpg

Lucky Dean. Child no.1 decided to go to a local uni, live at home attached to his gaming PC and stay a student forever. Child no. 2 first year at college and she thinks we live in a launderette staffed by loaded attendants. 🤬🙄😳.

I crave your peace (and a TV 8mm). 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Lucky Dean. Child no.1 decided to go to a local uni, live at home attached to his gaming PC and stay a student forever. Child no. 2 first year at college and she thinks we live in a launderette staffed by loaded attendants. 🤬🙄😳.

I crave your peace (and a TV 8mm).

I actually think they couldn't wait to get away and get away from me grumbling about anything and everything. One more to go. Can't wait. Does mean i have to now talk to the wife more though. 🙂 Not a 8mm but he has two lovely Panoptics for sale at very good prices in the ads - i'd love one but best wait a little while. Sorry i may be passing temptation over. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

I crave your peace (and a TV 8mm). 👍

Ex colleague of mine , (whose spouse's job allowed them to work from anywhere) sold up  their home in a rural Leic.s village the moment daughter #2 followed the first into a job & rented shared house. The parents put the house sale money into a harbour side, one bedroom flat on the south coast, overlooking mooring for the boat they bought , and rent barn space to store the microlight aircraft ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1