SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

A new scope! 😁 It took a lot of thinking and considering but I've settled on the WO Z73. I think it's going to be a great scope for my current imaging needs, it will be nice having a bit more room in the 430mm focal length from my original 480mm and having a threaded connection with 360 degree rotator in the WO flattener is a definite plus. Its also thanks to my wife as its my anniversary present, isant she the best! 😊

IMG_20210820_164340.jpg

IMG_20210820_182319-01.jpeg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, SlimLine said:

Great choice for imaging. Im torn between the WO Z73 and the skywatcher ed 80 pro at the moment 🤔

I'm moving on from the SW80 ED DS PR0 onto the WO73. The SW has been a good scope and I'm sure there's probably not alot in it, lots of people using the SW80. I have to say though the WO has a better spec in regards to focuser, it also feels of better quality in terms of the build, it feels absolutely solid, it's got the looks aswell 😊 The SW's are pretty well built also, both ED doublets though with I believe the same glass!? Focal length might help determine your choice also. I'm looking to sell my SW80 once I've double checked a couple of things. 

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 1

On 19/08/2021 at 13:08, Rob said:

Second hand. New to me.. although it is pristine condition 5mm Vixen LVW5... super pleased.

5mm a.jpg

5mm b.jpg

5mm.jpg

I was watching one of those on Ebay for £99 but forgot to go back and bid...lol. Very nice Rob

On 20/08/2021 at 16:25, Dean Hale said:

@Knighty2112 Please do let me/all know how you get on with the new binoviewer. I was about to purchase a WO one and these popped up and thought I'd wait a little while for some reviews. Thanks

I'll also be keen to hear how you get on with these. I've been trying to decide between these and the Maxbright IIs but haven't heard much about these ones.

Will keep my eyes peeled for your thoughts on them @Knighty2112.

• Like 1

large.IMG_1069.jpeg.fdc823eba21669f07a6507330784b4de.jpeg

This was ordered mainly in anticipation of ordering the new scope, which will be ordered at the end of the month.

(There was a lot of ordered's in there 😁)

Edited by NorfolkGazer
Trying to get the bloomin' picture in
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

My TeleVue Panoptic 24 shows some rectilinear distortion in my Tak FS 60Q, so I thought I'd try an APM UFF 24.

2009928892_APMUFF24.jpg.69bb53033df97b989a943bf11c08abad.jpg

I really like the Altair branded version, but I'm easily pleased. 🙄

The only negative for me is it's about twice as heavy as my other 1.25" eps. Not an issue on a hefty mount but it did cause balancing problems with th AZGTI.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

I really like the Altair branded version, but I'm easily pleased. 🙄

The only negative for me is it's about twice as heavy as my other 1.25" eps. Not an issue on a hefty mount but it did cause balancing problems with th AZGTI.

You're right about the weight. This could be a real frustration. I will see how I get on, but still hanker for trying a Tak Erfle 28 (hence my wanted ad)

20 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

You're right about the weight. This could be a real frustration. I will see how I get on, but still hanker for trying a Tak Erfle 28 (hence my wanted ad)

The weight actually caused the AZGTI to droop a touch, so I resorted to a 32mm plossl as a cheap alternative wide field ep. However the 4" frac is nicely over mounted on the Celestron AVX, so I've not noticed balance or tracking issues when swapping out the 24mm hand grenade...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

That is one of the nice things about the 24mm Panoptic - small and relatively light. Pity that you are not keen on the RD.

• Like 1

Vixen widetop dovetail. Extra weight and overkill but i feel a little safer with 4 screws attached to the tube rings rather than 2. Tele vue enhanced aluminium diagonal mainly for heavy eyepieces. I have a Tak prism which is lovely so sure they will complement each other.

PXL_20210825_112400260.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

I have come to the conclusion that you must have enough of those boxes to build a new house at this point??

Trouble is, when it rains, it might dissolve. Much like the fluorite lens 🤣

• Haha 3

So , I reckon my postman keeps having time off , because I end up going to collect everything.. but after a recoat I wasn’t  letting my mirror get into the hands of the post butchers . Special shout out to Galvoptics of Basildon for the quick turnaround and the superbly friendly service . So , collimation on the cards tonight and I suspect .. loads of clouds !! 
PS 

I Also centre spotted the mirror …thanks FLO for the catseye.

1F1F114A-D8F0-46BA-9C11-067AA7330720.jpeg

Edited by Stu1smartcookie
  • Like 9