SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

9 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Can choose depending if I’m in a Tak blue day or a Tak green day

BFF5F897-EB04-474F-9677-A1847B0E5801.thumb.jpeg.88afb12ccb4052ebab1a3f8bd4575e31.jpeg

E90DFAE7-4A9C-49DF-8859-470F5D5610CB.jpeg.cea69566c5cde1c1489cbab9e677a04d.jpeg

I have been waiting for my Tak 7x50 finder for over two months now 😡😢

I gave up calling the local shop for an ETA as they sort of hinted their phone has a block number feature, regardless, it was kind of like beating a dead horse anyway. :BangHead:

• Sad 4

Jumped on the 'Making every photon count' bandwagon at the weekend. Arrived from FLO this morning - the usual superb service; they won't have seen the order till monday morning. 

No point posting yet another picture of the book. Suffice to say I'm looking forward to an informative read.

Graeme

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jacko61 said:

Jumped on the 'Making every photon count' bandwagon at the weekend. Arrived from FLO this morning - the usual superb service; they won't have seen the order till monday morning. 

No point posting yet another picture of the book. Suffice to say I'm looking forward to an informative read.

Graeme

Im wondering how old this book is.  And if its still a musthave considering the enormous amount of digital info, videos etc.   

im aware the age of the content isnt that relevant and probably still accurate.  But like most of the encyclopedia nowadays spending their life as a still life due to the amount of digital info.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

Im wondering how old this book is.  And if its still a musthave considering the enormous amount of digital info, videos etc.   

im aware the age of the content isnt that relevant and probably still accurate.  But like most of the encyclopedia nowadays spending their life as a still life due to the amount of digital info.  

Making every photon count is a must for your reference library - the techniques are still valid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robindonne said:

Third edition. Revised 2019 so hopefully still valid

Graeme

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The postman brought me a solar filter from FLO for some observing (and in particular the partial solar eclipse next month, weather permitting) and Deep Sky Atlas.

20210526_102537.jpg

20210526_102557.jpg

• Like 10

Ordered the Bino Bandit yesterday, arrived today! Hurrah for FLO for the quick despatch and Royal Mail for not hanging about either!

Also a finder bracket from PROC…12 days, quicker than some of the stuff I’ve bought from Blighty!

chaz

229CB941-ED83-439E-9B15-90D22F2F3118.jpeg

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Chaz2b said:

Ordered the Bino Bandit yesterday, arrived today! Hurrah for FLO for the quick despatch and Royal Mail for not hanging about either!

Also a finder bracket from PROC…12 days, quicker than some of the stuff I’ve bought from Blighty!

chaz

229CB941-ED83-439E-9B15-90D22F2F3118.jpeg

You seem a bit confused. When we were told to wear face masks, I think they meant something else. Good bit of kit. I bought one a few weeks ago.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

You seem a bit confused. When we were told to wear face masks, I think they meant something else. Good bit of kit. I bought one a few weeks ago.

Well, they do look a bit riskaay! It’s all the rage now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Arrived today, very quick delivery and excellent items... rhanks @Plantins 👍

Losmandy dovetail for Takahashi tube cradle (also shown fitted) and couple of Takahashi Vixen dovetails for the other cradles 😃

02455E2D-EA8F-4D5A-B7E0-4D8AADF34D39.jpeg

9FFBDDBA-B963-4942-BD42-37E46D730D2B.jpeg

B5038645-8332-483D-A68D-A2D40BDDD8EC.jpeg

Two spare Tak dovetails for two incoming Tak OTAs by any chance, Gary? 
🤣

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Two spare Tak dovetails for two incoming Tak OTAs by any chance, Gary? 
🤣

You might very well think that Jeremy; I couldn’t possibly comment 🤔

Well one is already allocated to the FS-60CB, since I stole its dovetail for the FOA-60... the other is “unallocated” currently 🤣

Edited by HollyHound
  • Haha 2

A new to me TAL 100RS in lovely condition with a spotless objective collected from @F15Rules.

For once the sky is clear after receiving a new toy and so it's outside on the Vixen GPD2 cooling down for first light.

IMG_20210526_205623.thumb.jpg.4fdffcba7204f7e8ac555de1d3968977.jpg

IMG_20210526_202546.jpg

Edited by AdeKing
  • Like 17