Jump to content

stargazine_ep38_banner.thumb.jpg.6fe20536a22b28c17b2ee1818650993c.jpg

What did the postman bring?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jason B said:

I have one of those. Not the Celestron one;  just a one from a Chinese website. A bit of a faff,  attaching it and lining it up in the dark (don't want to ruin my night vision using a torch). However,  your celestron one looks much better in design than mine,  but I've still  managed some rather good results!  The results persuaded me to buy a cheap old DSLR and the attachments to hook it up to my scope.  Unfortunately the camera is so old (over 15 years) , my more modern smartphone with the adapter is getting better images, so I'm still using that.  Going to have to dig into my bottomless astro money pit again and buy a newer,  higher spec camera 🤣!

Thanks Jason, my one concern is that I enjoy it and I have to follow what you said, The Bold Text...... but my pit is limited or involves begging.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the way from Sweden and deposited on my door step by the courier three days earlier than expected - As it was palleted and weighed almost 70kg, it was left out in the rain until I got home from wo

Just received my dibond print of my veil mosaic, thrilled to say the least. The photo makes it look a little washed out when in fact it looks quite the opposite.

And here we go. One box with lots of padding material and there is another box inside that: And in that box is another box and a foam box with: My brand new 125 m

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

Thanks Jason, my one concern is that I enjoy it and I have to follow what you said, The Bold Text...... but my pit is limited or involves begging.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 My funds are very limited too,  but my powers of persuasion (begging the the wife)  have surprised even myself lately! 

Edited by Jason B
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a Optolong L-eNhance filter and a  Filter Cell Adapter for my Esprit 80 and for a laugh asked them to send me the cloud free versions.

The box has just arrived...

The moral of the story is the need to be specific when placing an order!  ☁️🌨️❄️❄️❄️❄️  😉

Michael

box.jpg.bf6dc8658e4d5d74604f4b2b3bb5a830.jpg

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

A flexible tilty/angled/rotatey tripod mounty thing. Designed for imagers to flexibly point and align their camera and trackers.adjust and then lock in place.  I’m playing with it for binocular mounting.... post to come.

 

Peter

6E2BC18A-240B-4E25-8270-F5E1D143DA6D.jpeg

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Synchronicity said:

I ordered a Optolong L-eNhance filter and a  Filter Cell Adapter for my Esprit 80 and for a laugh asked them to send me the cloud free versions.

The box has just arrived...

The moral of the story is the need to be specific when placing an order!  ☁️🌨️❄️❄️❄️❄️  😉

Michael

 

Quite accurate forecast this last week or so too ❄️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MrFreeze said:

Couldn't resist this one when it came up on fleabay. Second hand but unused - and it is absolutely immaculate, so likely true.

1611775815226398801216.jpg

A nice eyepiece in my not so expert opinion. I sold mine after picking up an OVL 16mm ES-UWA 82° but up to then the BST 15mm was used a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrFreeze said:

Couldn't resist this one when it came up on fleabay. Second hand but unused - and it is absolutely immaculate, so likely true.

1611775815226398801216.jpg

It looks brand new. Nice catch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another delivery this morning, a whole week before the estimated date. Result!  This is the last major piece of the puzzle. I’ve heard only good things about these power packs, so am hopeful that it will meet my fairly meagre needs. Comes with a nice collection of cables too, so should be able to get powered up now 🙂

 

AF43D5CB-3D15-4DFD-93C6-2B7B98B79CE9.thumb.jpeg.036baea7e1d29cc8fcf2f702f8aaebdc.jpegA98505B2-5916-4C36-B946-0221A3BC0D8A.thumb.jpeg.2d8cf029749c8247570d06e9a4a01160.jpeg30DF3B27-B474-4E01-8BEE-B0EDF86595E0.thumb.jpeg.687c9ec526ed409513be3e0c2ef66ab5.jpeg

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received my TV nagler 22mm from FLO.  For some reason it’s given me a bigger grin than any other eyepiece that I’ve bought. It’s very heavy for its size and at first handling it reminds me of a meaty panoptic 27. The 82 degrees I’m hoping will be a nice step from my Ethos 13. I can see this getting a lot of use. F20E5F36-CA95-4156-8A7B-AF0B2F2D42D2.thumb.jpeg.4eb98988ca78fa8e913239688461ec6d.jpeg

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ande said:

Another delivery this morning, a whole week before the estimated date. Result!  This is the last major piece of the puzzle. I’ve heard only good things about these power packs, so am hopeful that it will meet my fairly meagre needs. Comes with a nice collection of cables too, so should be able to get powered up now 🙂

 

AF43D5CB-3D15-4DFD-93C6-2B7B98B79CE9.thumb.jpeg.036baea7e1d29cc8fcf2f702f8aaebdc.jpegA98505B2-5916-4C36-B946-0221A3BC0D8A.thumb.jpeg.2d8cf029749c8247570d06e9a4a01160.jpeg30DF3B27-B474-4E01-8BEE-B0EDF86595E0.thumb.jpeg.687c9ec526ed409513be3e0c2ef66ab5.jpeg

Looks nice, could you furnish us with some more details as I'm on the lookout for a new bench power supply.

Thanks, Ade

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

Looks nice, could you furnish us with some more details as I'm on the lookout for a new bench power supply.

Thanks, Ade

@AdeKing I would love to be able to wax lyrical about it, but I’m not the most technically-minded of people.  I googled around before I bought it, and some people had recommended some the lower spec Beaudens’ power packs for astronomy. So, I bought this one as overkill, but also something that can be taken camping some time if this pandemic cloud ever lifts. Some guy ran a 32” tv off it for 8 hours, so I think it packs a punch.

Exact item with all of the specs here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08RB217P1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

This one is a bit cheaper, but seems the more tried and tested model: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BEAUDENS-Portable-Generator-Phosphate-Emergency/dp/B07MC7TV2G/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Edited by Ande
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week I posted up the arrival of my new WO ZS73 II. 
Today my Ioptron CEM26 arrived. 
I opted for the literoc 1.75” and Ipolar. 
I am well chuffed with this mount and tripod, even has its own built in anti vibration pads and is very well made and pretty sturdy. 
The mount looks rather unusual compared with my previous CGEM and HEQ5. But it certainly looks very well put together, it’s very smooth and very quiet. 
Just waiting for the arrival of a clear night now. 
 

612E3EC7-C3AB-4702-A3F0-D8BF237800F4.jpeg

EFC503C5-69AE-4F81-8BE6-2157580E96C9.jpeg

0D3B9E03-133B-41B5-BC74-FBC0D2E51B96.jpeg

D51EA554-08DB-4368-80B1-9C69199DDE1A.jpeg

CE2BBDCA-0B8E-493A-817E-A475E3096953.jpeg

199335C3-EB96-4131-A1A9-CC26EB79B51A.jpeg

B325ED7D-7C0C-4CB0-83D5-5E5154014253.jpeg

  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dantooine said:

Just received my TV nagler 22mm from FLO.  For some reason it’s given me a bigger grin than any other eyepiece that I’ve bought. It’s very heavy for its size and at first handling it reminds me of a meaty panoptic 27. The 82 degrees I’m hoping will be a nice step from my Ethos 13. I can see this getting a lot of use. F20E5F36-CA95-4156-8A7B-AF0B2F2D42D2.thumb.jpeg.4eb98988ca78fa8e913239688461ec6d.jpeg

They certainly receive raving reviews, super. I don’t need to know how great it is against the APM 20 though 😉

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

Last week I posted up the arrival of my new WO ZS73 II. 
Today my Ioptron CEM26 arrived. 
I opted for the literoc 1.75” and Ipolar. 
I am well chuffed with this mount and tripod, even has its own built in anti vibration pads and is very well made and pretty sturdy. 
The mount looks rather unusual compared with my previous CGEM and HEQ5. But it certainly looks very well put together, it’s very smooth and very quiet. 
Just waiting for the arrival of a clear night now. 
 

612E3EC7-C3AB-4702-A3F0-D8BF237800F4.jpeg

EFC503C5-69AE-4F81-8BE6-2157580E96C9.jpeg

0D3B9E03-133B-41B5-BC74-FBC0D2E51B96.jpeg

D51EA554-08DB-4368-80B1-9C69199DDE1A.jpeg

CE2BBDCA-0B8E-493A-817E-A475E3096953.jpeg

199335C3-EB96-4131-A1A9-CC26EB79B51A.jpeg

B325ED7D-7C0C-4CB0-83D5-5E5154014253.jpeg

That looks super Mark, the tripod looks a very solid one, be interested how it performs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Stardaze said:

They certainly receive raving reviews, super. I don’t need to know how great it is against the APM 20 though 😉

Likewise, as I will shortly be the recipient of @Dantooines original APM 20, I'm happy to remain in ignorant bliss as to how good this Nagler is 😀

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Alan White said:

That looks super Mark, the tripod looks a very solid one, be interested how it performs.

It really did surpass my expectations Alan.

When I got it out of the box I couldn't believe how well made, strong and sturdy it was for such a light tripod.

Compared to my other two tripods this one just oozes quality, I'm very impressed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stardaze said:

They certainly receive raving reviews, super. I don’t need to know how great it is against the APM 20 though 😉

The APM is a fantastic eyepiece. Maybe a full set of those could stop people looking for upgrades. Problem was my ocd when I opened my eyepiece case 😁

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

Last week I posted up the arrival of my new WO ZS73 II. 
Today my Ioptron CEM26 arrived. 
I opted for the literoc 1.75” and Ipolar. 
I am well chuffed with this mount and tripod, even has its own built in anti vibration pads and is very well made and pretty sturdy. 
The mount looks rather unusual compared with my previous CGEM and HEQ5. But it certainly looks very well put together, it’s very smooth and very quiet. 
Just waiting for the arrival of a clear night now. 
 

612E3EC7-C3AB-4702-A3F0-D8BF237800F4.jpeg

EFC503C5-69AE-4F81-8BE6-2157580E96C9.jpeg

0D3B9E03-133B-41B5-BC74-FBC0D2E51B96.jpeg

D51EA554-08DB-4368-80B1-9C69199DDE1A.jpeg

CE2BBDCA-0B8E-493A-817E-A475E3096953.jpeg

199335C3-EB96-4131-A1A9-CC26EB79B51A.jpeg

B325ED7D-7C0C-4CB0-83D5-5E5154014253.jpeg

Lots of gear.. lots of boxes.. looks to me that your recycling bins just had its 2 weekly ration 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

The APM is a fantastic eyepiece. Maybe a full set of those could stop people looking for upgrades. Problem was my ocd when I opened my eyepiece case 😁

I'm just about controlling my OCD :rolleyes2:

epscase02Jan21.JPG.b67bbc46b0b791011ce87118f58d2bb2.JPG

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, John said:

I'm just about controlling my OCD :rolleyes2:

epscase02Jan21.JPG.b67bbc46b0b791011ce87118f58d2bb2.JPG

 

Spot the odd man out.. it’s like one of those spot the difference pictures from the 1970’s. 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.