SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

13 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

I did have the 82’s as a first set. Gave most of them to mates when I moved into Delos. Then sold the Delos when I went to 100 degrees glass. It’s just that the 82’s are cute but hard hitting at the same time. I suppose they are close to nagler performance but I’m sure someone will correct me on that 😁 I’ve still to try a Morpheus and wonder if I’d like those. 

Although I haven't had a chance to try the ES 4.7mm 82 I bought recently, it does seem very well built but compact at the same time.

The Morpheus are good too, I'm keeping the 17.5mm as it's such a lovely comfortable view and (kind of) slots in between the XW20 and Delos 14. I have considered a Delos 17mm, but as the Morpheus is so good, there seems no point changing for (possibly) little gain.

I think Morpheus would make a good seconds set and I'm sure others here (with more of them) will chime in and agree 👍

6 minutes ago, JOC said:

There are not many reports on SGL of people that have tried them and not liked them.  From what I read of ranges of EP's many of the decent types appear to have a couple within the range which are superb and others which are just very good, I see relatively few reports on SGL where decent brands of EP's have sizes which seem to drop into the 'good' or lower category.  I suppose then it becomes do you covert a matched set of EP's (guilty as charged)? Or, are you prepared to own a box where you cherry pick the one or two 'superbs' from each line, but will never get a matched set?  

Agree with that... I read lots of excellent reports about Morpheus. I will say that (for me) the Morpheus 14mm didn't quite fare so well, when put up against the Delos 14, mostly due to field curvature and a bit of colour... but then the Pentax XW 14 wasn't much better (again field curvature). At 14mm, it does seem like the Delos is the right choice. 

The Morpheus 17.5mm is excellent 👍

Again these are my own findings and others may have different experiences of course 😀

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Although I haven't had a chance to try the ES 4.7mm 82 I bought recently, it does seem very well built but compact at the same time.

The Morpheus are good too, I'm keeping the 17.5mm as it's such a lovely comfortable view and (kind of) slots in between the XW20 and Delos 14. I have considered a Delos 17mm, but as the Morpheus is so good, there seems no point changing for (possibly) little gain.

I think Morpheus would make a good seconds set and I'm sure others here (with more of them) will chime in and agree 👍

What are the bodies of Morpheus made of? They must be a fair bit bigger than the Es 82’s. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dantooine said:

What are the bodies of Morpheus made of? They must be a fair bit bigger than the Es 82’s. 

They are significantly bigger than the ES 82s. Taller and wider. I think they are CNC aluminium 🤔They also have the usual textured grip too.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2021 at 13:42, Jason B said:

This came (a while back). It's just a moon filter,  which itself is unremarkable;   but what is worth highlighting, is the amount of packaging used for an item that is only slightly larger than a pound coin. I could almost fit my kettle in the box.  I'm an enthusiastic recycler,  but I can't help feeling that there should be more responsibility placed on companies who are now posting ever-increasing amounts of items. 

My daughter had the same packaging the other day.....for earrings :icon_scratch:   🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Nakedgun said:

I like baked beans, on occasion, but I'm having trouble here....

They're just a weight so you can "blind bake" pastry... I think. Look a bit like gravel.

Kind of tough on the teeth tho 😉

After all the recent very valuable warnings about buying second hand items lets not forget there are plenty reliable sellers on here who give genuine opportunities to acquire some well looked after kit at reasonable prices.

Just be sensible who you buy from.

Thanks Chris for the ZWO colour planetary camera , just need some clear nights to try it out.

20210118_123618_1000.jpg

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Ande said:

You not got one kicking about in a drawer somewhere? I seem to have dozens of the things 😀

Ive had one in a drawer for about 5years & never used it, now I need it , it seems to have gone on holiday 😂. A friend of mine works in Police IT forensics & he's going to grab one for me from his work tomorrow .

Turned up earlier today.....  A Williams Optics guide scope https://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/william-optics-32mm-slide-base-uniguide-scope.html and a Williams Optics diagonal https://www.firstlightoptics.com/diagonals/william-optics-125-dura-bright-dielectric-diagonal.html. Also a WO t-connector thing for the Canon, but not worth picturing.

All appear to be lovely quality items. I bought the guidescope to replace a ZWO guide scope that was really disappointing. The difference between the two is quite significant. I think I’m turning into a WO a fanboy. Loving their stuff :)

4D7638E7-2C84-4330-9F56-C738AD4ABD33.jpeg

D1F81C03-BC74-4F77-95EF-322101A14CD4.jpeg

• Like 8

Artcise CS60C tripod direct from China. 1.3 kgs weight, load 18 kg, carbon fibre. I think it uses R.E.A. tech (reverse engineered alien technology).

20210119_131719.thumb.jpg.742ecba8e6d0bb09f4140a91dab3a9ee.jpg

Edited by Ags
  • Like 8

My first venture to the dark side

As another reassurance that buying from established members offers a good way to obtain quality used items (as long as you use common sense to avoid the scammers), today the postman dropped off my signed for package with an Astronmik 12nm Ha filter.

Thanks Andy.

Heavy gloomy clouds here but expected some clear skies this full moon weekend , so ideal for a first attempt at some narrowband imaging.

Will get my cleaning fluid out to remove the few bits of dust and get it clipped into my Canon DSLR then wait patiently for the clouds to part and the fun to begin.

20210119_112100.jpg

Edited by fifeskies
  • Like 6