Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

What did the postman bring?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just received my dibond print of my veil mosaic, thrilled to say the least. The photo makes it look a little washed out when in fact it looks quite the opposite.

All the way from Sweden and deposited on my door step by the courier three days earlier than expected - As it was palleted and weighed almost 70kg, it was left out in the rain until I got home from wo

And here we go. One box with lots of padding material and there is another box inside that: And in that box is another box and a foam box with: My brand new 125 m

Posted Images

On 08/12/2020 at 13:03, F15Rules said:

That's the same as the Ravelli branded and the Amazon basics trigger grip and ball heads set up. Great value for money, had mine for 5 or 6 years. Just be sure to check tensions now and again, they can need adjusting sometimes.

Our resident Binocular expert, Steve Tonkin (@BinocularSky) posted a very useful unofficial "manual" for these heads, if you search the Binocular forum for Ravelli Trigger Grip or similar you should find it👍

Dave

Did you mention Trigger, Dave?

trigger.thumb.jpg.331eef49938bc1cecb87dbc68fe0ee9d.jpg

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The last sale item from the AliExpress sale (for now!) - a 2" dielectric diagonal. At least it's claimed to be dielectric - I'm not sure how you could prove it. Crumbs this thing is seriously heavy - the scope will definitely need re-balancing.

David

16075391317101040169489.jpg

16075400538951836004901.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Did you mention Trigger, Dave?

trigger.thumb.jpg.331eef49938bc1cecb87dbc68fe0ee9d.jpg

Jeremy, 

I think you will trigger (with vigor - and rigor) a bigger rigger who's driving a digger to bury poor Trigger - go figure!

I'd rather handle a candle while drinking Zinfandel...hic!!:help::hiding:

Dave

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

An early Christmas present to myself, an ZWO ASI224MC and a Bahtinov mask. Seemed to take an age for the camera to be back in stock, been waiting for a couple of months at least.

Really looking forward to using these although I know it is guaranteed to be cloudy now for the foreseeable.

301AD1D1-9EF3-4F41-9419-2C1D46A0E91C.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

My first cooled cameras. One each QHY183C pro and QHY183M pro.

It's rainy season here on Vancouver Island. I have no idea when the clouds will disappear for a night to let me try these out, seems like it only happens close to the full moon .

 

 

camera boxes.jpg

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't tell Mrs G, but a Svbony 7-21mm zoom lens for her Heritage 130P scope, for Christmas.

Not tried it out at night yet, but I'm pretty impressed by the 'daytime' views - granted it's not parfocal, but for <£50 it's pretty impressive. One significant consideration is that it's about half the weight of their 8-24mm zoom lens

The only trouble is that: over a week after ordering it, and Royal Mail not showing it as being 'picked up', I got in touch with the vendor - who sent out a second despatch. 

So I have another on its way. At the price, I'm tempted to keep it as a raffle prize for when the Club restarts. 

So don't tell the Club members either :) 

 

Edited by Gfamily
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bintastic day! Missing tele-converter for my diy constellation bins arrived so i can finally use them 😃 (well maybe sometime in the future anyway...) 

6DCBCD23-9425-457B-9422-8D7FC8B3E799.jpeg

and a friend spotted these at a local auction and kindly bid on  them for me- he was the only bidder! They’re REALLY nice and an absolute bargain for £30! 😃

7BA3F2BC-6710-43FD-A1DE-88642FA30CE7.jpeg

B725FA65-FBAE-43CF-B299-19886985BD9F.jpeg

Mark

Edited by markse68
  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markse68 said:

What a bintastic day!

You have bin busy!                                                      edit: oh no, I actually posted this

Edited by globular
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markse68 said:

What a bintastic day! Missing tele-converter for my diy constellation bins arrived so i can finally use them 😃 (well maybe sometime in the future anyway...) 

6DCBCD23-9425-457B-9422-8D7FC8B3E799.jpeg

and a friend spotted these at a local auction and kindly bid on  them for me- he was the only bidder! They’re REALLY nice and an absolute bargain for £30! 😃

7BA3F2BC-6710-43FD-A1DE-88642FA30CE7.jpeg

B725FA65-FBAE-43CF-B299-19886985BD9F.jpeg

Mark

I have the exact same binoculars that I bought brand new in about 1979. I can’t remember how much they cost back then but they are really good and have given me years of pleasure. Built like a tank nothing has gone wrong with them and have needed no work apart from occassional cleaning.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

Time to try one of these on my 200pds 

BADB52CD-4E20-4E7F-921B-8A39805E1876.jpeg

Although I prefer the TelRad (on riser) for the dob, the Rigel is fantastic and I love it on the C5 👍

However, don't do what I did and look through it from the control side (like the TelRad), and then wonder why there is no reticule visible... followed by an email to @FLOwho very kindly sent me a replacement. I then sheepishly admitted it works fine (when you use it the right way) 🤦‍♂️ However, I kept and paid for the replacement, so now have one for the StellaMira too 😃

Just need clear skies now 🤞

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

A little camera from FLO and another 2 wood trays to keep my gubbins close to hand rather than rummaging in drawers. Gubbins mainly being allen/hex keys.

zwo.png

Nice! Which model ZWO is that, Dean? They all look tempting!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

Hi Luke, It's just the basic one https://www.firstlightoptics.com/zwo-cameras/zwo-asi120mc-s-usb-3-colour-camera.html unfortunately looks like FLO have sold out. But maybe available elsewhere. They do have very good reviews.

Nice, you should get some nice shots with that 😃 I bought a ZWO camera too (in the sale) but of course we need some clear nights now to get some practise using them 🤞

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Nice, you should get some nice shots with that 😃 I bought a ZWO camera too (in the sale) but of course we need some clear nights now to get some practise using them 🤞

Hopefully soon. No opportunity the past two weeks so bought a solar finder and filter and thought I'd try the sun. So obviously solid cloud during the day too. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Although I prefer the TelRad (on riser) for the dob, the Rigel is fantastic and I love it on the C5 👍

However, don't do what I did and look through it from the control side (like the TelRad), and then wonder why there is no reticule visible... followed by an email to @FLOwho very kindly sent me a replacement. I then sheepishly admitted it works fine (when you use it the right way) 🤦‍♂️ However, I kept and paid for the replacement, so now have one for the StellaMira too 😃

Just need clear skies now 🤞

I opened the bottom and popped in the battery, turned it on and couldn’t see a thing. Looked through both sides just in case I was doing the same as you described above. Next I went into a completely dark room and still nothing. Re- checked that I’d properly slipped the battery under the small tabs.. all correct. Maybe the battery was a dud? Took it out to try another battery an see that I’d not taken the plastic film protector off from the positive side of the battery... obviously you are not alone in these daft situations 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

My latest plan is coming to fruition. The filter has been on my radar for months but been out of stock everywhere! I originally wanted a D2 clip filter for my 6D but they have been discontinued. The bandpass on the Lpro looks similar to the D1 so next best thing available I suppose. Managed to finally bag it thanks to 365. The mini dovetail is from ebay. Its a perfect fit for the William Optics scope handles.

If interested, search for SVBONY finder scope bracket.

 

 

20201212_121053.jpg

20201212_121131.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

My latest plan is coming to fruition. The filter has been on my radar for months but been out of stock everywhere! I originally wanted a D2 clip filter for my 6D but they have been discontinued. The bandpass on the Lpro looks similar to the D1 so next best thing available I suppose. Managed to finally bag it thanks to 365. The mini dovetail is from ebay. Its a perfect fit for the William Optics scope handles.

If interested, search for SVBONY finder scope bracket.

 

 

20201212_121053.jpg

20201212_121131.jpg

Very nice. I bought an LPro myself for my FF Nikon a couple of weeks ago. First results look promising, this is from an unmodded DSLR, it’s noisy as only 40 minutes integration:

 

D47BB232-030D-4625-AA76-83579881DAA7.jpeg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.