SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

3 hours ago, Saganite said:

Excellent Mike !

4 hours ago, iPeace said:

Every scope should own one. This specimen arrived safely thanks to the care and attention of @DRT

DSC_1566.thumb.JPG.66e63817cad7e268fab5c0852ea4835e.JPG

I've issued it a sleeping bag and it will be assigned to a scope in due course.

Thanks Derek!

:happy11:

I'm so glad the folks on here recommended the Pan 24 when I was looking for an eyepiece for a trip to the US a couple of years ago.  It is a lovely eyepiece and gets a lot of use :hippy2:

Enjoy!

Helen

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Helen said:

I'm so glad the folks on here recommended the Pan 24 when I was looking for an eyepiece for a trip to the US a couple of years ago.  It is a lovely eyepiece and gets a lot of use :hippy2:

Enjoy!

Helen

Buy another and put them in a binoviewer Helen, they become astounding then.:happy7:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Brandon looks like fun. That's a lot of glass. Immersive views a plenty to come with that one. 

No problem with eye relief. Better than all my others, just overtaking the Vixen NLV 50mm. 

What's amazing is the Brandon is really light. Less than any other 40s eps, & my lightest 2 inch by far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 25585 said:

Zeiss Abbe 2x Barlow bought from @Piero

Many thanks, another A-Team optic. Lining up eps to try out. 

20180428_172632.jpg

20180428_172726.jpg

20180428_172821.jpg

You certainty are not holding back on the astro expenditure lately.

Nice Tak you have, and now a Zeiss Barlow.

Good quality gear 25585 ?

23 hours ago, 25585 said:

Amazon warehouse bargain. Geoptik 495mm Losmandy/Vixen clamp. Heavy.

@Johndefinitely going on my Skytee side mount! Might be too heavy for it altogether with a scope attached as the clamp is about 4kg by itself. 

20180427_212312.jpg

What are hole spacings on there? Will it fit the SkyTee without modding?

You will certainly be prepared for when the TEC200 arrives ;) 

• Haha 1

On 25/04/2018 at 09:48, Saganite said:

These would have come by post but were purchased from a fellow member of BAS, and collected from him during Sunday's meeting of the BAA Deep Sky Section at  Bedford School, the home of my Astro Society. It was a terrific day of lectures, and good food,enjoyed in the company of well over 100 kindred spirits. :headbang:

IMG_0268.JPG

I used to have a set of these including the barlow when I first started out. I had no idea that they were any good at the time and sold them on for far too little. Should have kept them really. Very nice eyepieces.

• Like 2

Amazingly Stu, I have only recently 'discovered' this line of eyepieces, and like them very much, particularly the 35mm, and 30mm, with the 24mm still to try.The trick now is to pair them up for binoviewing. :happy11:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

What are hole spacings on there? Will it fit the SkyTee without modding?

You will certainly be prepared for when the TEC200 arrives ;) 

Middle holes match, but I will need longer bolts. Need to measure how much extra yet. M8 definitely.

1 hour ago, DeepSkyMan said:

Finally received my new FeatherTouch Microfocuser from FLO.  Fitted over the weekend.

287F7DD7-33BE-485F-BD40-E79058859586.jpeg

2D180D30-7560-4608-853B-CAFE04B2F3F9.jpeg

Mine also arrived (Friday) but it doesn't fit :-(

Apparently Celestron have changed the back of the 6SE and not told anyone. Focuser now on the way back to FLO to be changed :-( Still I know how to fit it now...

5 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Does look like a nice mod to have. 

Well I found after I removed my Baader SteelTrack and it’s smooth 10:1 focus capability from my setup, that going back to the stock focuser just wasn’t going to work for me.  The FeatherTouch is yet to see first light, but the movement certainly feels silky smooth so bodes well for my next observing night... whenever that is?

Celestron Wedge for my 6SE (special offer from FLO). tbh my original plan was to save up for a proper EQ mount but that's unlikely to happen this year and I didn't want to wait so when I saw this wedge on offer from FLO I grabbed it. Arrived yesterday morning and yesterday evening I spent a couple of hours fitting the wedge and playing with new fitting and routes for the various data/power cables (still in progress). Heck it's a bit of a heavy combination now and getting the OTA/Mount onto the wedge was a little nerve-racking; trying to balance the mass and do the bolts up at the same time! It's going to require a little more muscle power and care to get the scope from the house to the viewing location and I guess some more time with the alignment - only time will tell.

really wanted to start imaging I was thinking

These things just keep turning up! Dave told me that RVO had a second hand 7.5mm Ultima, which strangely turned up this morning, and Dave also sold me a 7.5mm Ultima that also turned up this morning. Thanks Dave!

Now I have a bino pair of 7.5mm's that will give me a silly high power of around X400. Should be good for Mars when its only 4" arc! :icon_biggrin:

20180501_115656.thumb.jpg.222b33eb36b9e4e0962ed3c15a64e194.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Saganite said:

A dose of good luck and the second one is found just 8 days after the first ! ( thanks Dave)

And first light just might be tonight. :happy11:

IMG_0271.JPG

You have the luck of the Dave-il! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2