Narrowband

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

This came last week 

E2FC2FEB-8DBB-4A5E-A02B-659907D81E09.thumb.jpeg.cb7c062cce6b8b580404529056ef139f.jpeg

unfortunately the heq5 pro i ordered is taking quite some time (24 days now) to get here from @FLO.

On the other hand this came today, ordered it last week also from FLO. Kudos for that !

F94A0B26-0FB8-4848-980E-D9CA57BE5D6D.thumb.jpeg.5766e9b63c4e37cbed365d3ef00c3c54.jpeg

9BF216B4-22CB-4984-A2AF-CAAE944D5FEF.thumb.jpeg.a70755eb24f667930b42b8474314d48f.jpeg

26E6BF83-0B70-4D95-B3B0-F7C99656D77F.thumb.jpeg.2afd70bd9ede6232cc1f1b34fb63ae89.jpeg

• Like 5

Looking forward to using these tonight if the weather holds - not looking likely but I can hope! OVL 32mm panoramic and 7mm Nirvana eyepieces, plus my first (second hand) green and black piece of glass arrived today, along with a new adapter for the focuser.

signal-attachment-2020-06-02-190312.thumb.jpeg.9abf7ddf2cbd6d339a1c58340ee8f58a.jpeg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Anthony1979 said:

Well was hoping my SW 130pds was going to arrive... Was suppose to be here yesterday but phone and they said its coming today but not holding my breath.... Unhappy...its looking like a refund 

Delivery times are totally random at the moment. I've had things arrive almost next day and others take weeks. Apparently there are parts of the country that are acting as bottlenecks.

Received my new SWED72 today from a French retailer in Paris and a good price and look what was in the cardboard box this. The cardboard box not a mark on it, yet It's the pesky photo adapter peaking thru. I thought SW would have addressed  this problem by now as won't be the first or last. At least the retailer is going to provide an exchange case in about 4-6 weeks from the distributor. So surely costing SW.

IMG_20200602_152049769.jpg

• Sad 4

That's pants fozzy. 🙁

To top off my delivery frenzy, a new AZGTI arrived from OVL to replace the clicky one I sent back a week ago. Not too bad a turn around considering current circumstances.

This unit feels a bit stiffer, though I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.

A counterweight bar has been purchased for this one...

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

That's pants fozzy. 🙁

To top off my delivery frenzy, a new AZGTI arrived from OVL to replace the clicky one I sent back a week ago. Not too bad a turn around considering current circumstances.

This one feels a bit stiffer though, but I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.

A counterweight bar has been purchased for this one...

QC who controls this equipment a blind man..... no disrespect to the retailer as he wants to send an unopened box so as not to be deemed selling a returned item. I agree. but the manufacturer needs to address it's processes. And check. we see QC on clothing various little stickers all over the place on low end products... Come on SW   

Edited by fozzybear

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Delivery times are totally random at the moment. I've had things arrive almost next day and others take weeks. Apparently there are parts of the country that are acting as bottlenecks.

Its been sent out now... its with dpd now so hopefully it will be here soon

Just now, johninderby said:

About to start a thread on this piece of kit.

48C7771E-B91F-4678-9D43-C66AE20EC69F.jpeg

Well, it's too long for a Tak 🙂

Looking forward to reading about it, John.

Is it me, or does that bloke in a raincoat and hat look well dodgy?

🙂

• Haha 2

OK. I need to keep my Nikon camera bodies unmodified and decided overall 'simplest' solution was to get a second-hand astro-modded Canon. I can always use the 2" filters if I want to go that route with the 'scope in due course (yet to be acquired) and I can get clip-in filters for the Canon without too  much hassle. I have ordered a Nikon/Canon lens adaptor. 

IMG_5378.thumb.JPG.cd9425af97c5aea0e5fe59c4e19c346c.JPG 

Edited by Tenor Viol
  • Like 2