Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

a little boring I'm afraid, but it was exciting for me. I got the cables to make the firmware updates to my telescope  .. Now everything is updated. 🙂

stay safe and well all

D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kluson said:

a little boring I'm afraid, but it was exciting for me. I got the cables to make the firmware updates to my telescope  .. Now everything is updated. 🙂

Cant be more boring than my weights. At least you got to use yours lol.

Mine are waiting for the scope, which will be at least another three weeks...and let me think, whens the summer solstice!!🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Star101 said:

Cant be more boring than my weights. At least you got to use yours lol.

Mine are waiting for the scope, which will be at least another three weeks...and let me think, whens the summer solstice!!🤔

It gets better , I'm waiting for a wall wart power supply tomorrow 🙂 LOL

• Haha 1

Got a second battery today, a 12V 20 Ah replacement for the (dead as a doornail) battery in my SkyWatcher PowerTank. The charging circuits are shot, but otherwise it works, and you can readily charge it though the red and black jumpstart cables. Saves me creating a box with plugs etc. It also delivers 6 V and 9 V outputs, which can be handy

• Like 1

I received a delivery from ebay of a couple of articulated clamps. One is a perfect accessory for mounting one of my spotting scopes to a table, door, pipe, hand railing, or whatever.

Edit: Even the colour and wrinkle paint finish match.  :smile:

PICT0020.JPG

PICT0022.JPG

PICT0028.JPG

Edited by L8-Nite
  • Like 3

This arrived today for my Astro mini pc as the 1Tb mechanical drive was running HOT! Still more than big enough for DSO imaging. 

IMG_20200527_212641.thumb.jpg.8dc32fa44170c969ec1b9db06226e30f.jpg

Edited by Guest

Some new secondary adjustment bolts (Amazon - £6 for 10)

Bob's Knobs would have had to do a custom job, I'm afraid. I'm not sure how suitable these will be, but there's little money lost.

Capturethu2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chris Wright said:

This arrived today for my Astro mini pc as the 1Tb mechanical drive was running HOT! Still more than big enough for DSO imaging. 

I have a 1 terabyte ssd in my new pc when I say pc it’s about 3 inches square by 1 inch high!

Roger

• Like 1

1 minute ago, apophisOAS said:

I have a 1 terabyte ssd in my new pc when I say pc it’s about 3 inches square by 1 inch high!

Roger

This is for my new Gigabyte Brix 4 1/2" square and about 2 inches high. Might see if I can get it setup for tonight. 

2 hours ago, Pixies said:

Some new secondary adjustment bolts (Amazon - £6 for 10)

Bob's Knobs would have had to do a custom job, I'm afraid. I'm not sure how suitable these will be, but there's little money lost.

Capturethu2.JPG

I hate to see people get ripped off (£,$,etc.) for something so simple as a socket head cap screw with a plastic top worth pennies each.

PICT0001 (Medium).JPG

• Thanks 1

and........

drum roll please maestro

IMG_3090.thumb.jpg.d47c017ec253feb092d636aceedf409f.jpg

and there was dust on the corrector in the 30s between removing cover and taking picture.

I think a vacuum cleaner may be next on my must have kit list

Edited by iapa
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, johninderby said:

Marine ply and various other bits. Coild come in handy if I were to build a dob base I suppose. 😁😁😁

68A84362-5DE2-40DC-8F48-6E113E93FED0.jpeg

given the inclusion of the wheels ...... makes sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iapa said:

and there was dust on the corrector in the 30s between removing cover and taking picture.

I think a vacuum cleaner may be next on my must have kit list

Very nice RASA :) Fast imaging.

I look forward to seeing first light.

Congratulations.....Think of the dust as trials and tribulations of owning such a lovely instrument.

Like a man with a brand new car.....just be careful with that oily rag though lol.

7 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Very nice RASA :) Fast imaging.

I look forward to seeing first light.

Congratulations.....Think of the dust as trials and tribulations of owning such a lovely instrument.

Like a man with a brand new car.....just be careful with that oily rag though lol.

The 10” f4 Quattro has given me the confidence to go lower f-ratio 

its about 10 weeks before I get dark skies

loads of time to balance calibrate etc

• Like 1

Just now, iapa said:

The 10” f4 Quattro has given me the confidence to go lower f-ratio 

its about 10 weeks before I get dark skies

loads of time to balance calibrate etc

As I already have Hyperstar, I have decided for my 6th decade birthday in August I will go the opposite direction. I've ordered the GSO 16" RC Truss. Expected 21 June...Well, anytime after the 10th June....But as you say...Best time as it gives time to balance, experiment and get to know the kit.

At f/2 you will no excuse for not enough data...And will be churning out images faster than you can say Llanfairpwll-gwyngyllgogerychwyrndrob-wllllantysiliogogogoch.

Enjoy :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

A lot more in depth than I realised.  Going to have a thorough read tonight.  

It is a great atlas for general use as well as Double Star work in my opinion,
easier to see than the normal atlas too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

Delivery person, not postie today.

My new to me trial Pseudo Masuyama 12.5mm Celestron Ultima.
Nice build quality, hope to test it tonight 🤞

IMG_1575.thumb.JPG.bd1a2b21b7ef2a781a71160d306a3ad5.JPG

I used to have a couple of those plus the Orion Ultrascopic and Parks Gold. Preferred them to the TV Plossl.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2020 at 21:30, Chris Wright said:

I have the same drive in my laptop, made such a difference to speed and heat. Laptop boots in seconds rather than minutes. And no longer hot to the touch underneath. Best upgrade.