SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

HG collimator and attachment for fast scopes to collimate the SharpStar f/2.8 HNT, never collimated a newt in my life so didn't want to have to collimate the collimator, apparently HG throws them against the wall or some such to test them 😂

Baader quality Canon adapter plus yet another adapter to add to my collection.

Dave

HG-collimator.png.bb9bab35cb0549a604485ed5b3f888e3.png

• Like 3

On 13/02/2020 at 14:12, Saganite said:

A Moonlite stepper motor for the Moonlite focuser on my 5" f15 refractor. With such a long tube it is not possible to focus without the image dancing around, and on high powers is annoying to say the least, so this I hope will vastly improve if not eliminate the problem. 

IMG_1536.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

A thing of total beauty Steve...

..and the stepper motor looks ok too!🙃😊

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An 'Astro Essentials' mini-Vixen type saddle clamp via FLO for my AOKswiss AYO mount...

astro_essentials_vixen-style_saddle_2a.jpg.349a64ce6d9c566deba5a25b1789fbd1.jpg

...on the opposite side ...when the balance weight is not being used.

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, spillage said:

After a bit of a wait I finally have the missing pieces to my mount rebuild and I got myself a new book.

Now to put all the bit to good use.

post.jpg

Saw a similar book on Optistar and was tempted, price £40, theres also one there on photoshop for the same price

Edited by Frank the Troll

22 minutes ago, Frank the Troll said:

Will have a look on fleabay, really not intrested in photoshop, cant stand it, hate all microsoft stuff (says the MCSE)

I got the inside Pixinsight book off amazon also for £19. 

Inside PixInsight (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/3319976885/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ddVtEb16DWF56

• Like 1