SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

A packet of 20 M6 socket head screws for screwing my imaging and guiding kit onto a dovetail bar.  Unfortunately, the heads have turned out to be bigger than usual and don't fit in the dovetail bar!!!  Drat and double drat!!!  :eek:😡

Finally upgraded my Mercury-705 to a TS-Optics 102mm f7. Got the SW 100ED case for it. It's a nice fit, just needed a little trimming to fit the focuser. Got room for all the important accessories as well: 6x30 finder, diagonal, 32mm plossl, Baader zoom and a barlow. Since the case fits a f9 scope, I got room for a red dot and the few filters as well. Can't wait for the clouds to clear!

102ED.thumb.jpg.edeef0079032faaaa563d4af59da273b.jpg

Edited by grjsk
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Gina said:

The Baader Click Lock is good but why not use threaded connections throughout?  More rigid.

I suppose it doesnt offer the option to align the camera, you are just stuck with wherever the threads tighten up to.  It's not going to be any more rigid than this TBH. And is it even possible to screw a Baader MPCC directly onto anything?  I suppose you could use the 2" filter threads? But then I wouldnt have enough back focus!  See Gina things arent always that simple :D

Edited by tooth_dr

So does the Esprit 80ED.  Not all telescopes provide for rotation though.  One good point about the Atik EFW2 was that it provided for rotation.  Unfortunately, mine is dead!  OAGs can provide limited rotation capability.  I'm not aware of any commercial T2 rotator unit - I think someone should make one, I reckon it would sell like hot cakes!!

Not quite what DID the postman bring, but what I expect them to bring very shortly, a Revelation 2" Crayford SCT focuser to go with my newold Intes 603 Mak 150. I thought I might bring it up here early because it seems to be offered at something of a bargain, both from Bresser UK and Telescopehouse.com . It's on sale from those sellers at £90 including postage. Which I think is quite good brand new.

https://www.bresseruk.com/revelation-2-sct-crayford-1-11-dual-speed-focuser.html

I've ordered it because although the Intes optics are, so far as I can tell, good, the focuser is not good, though I do plan to make a project of it and disassemble and service it in due course.

I'll update as soon as it arrives and later when I've had some use of it...

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 2

You really can not fault the brilliant service from @FLO. Ordered a TG 365 cover just before midday yesterday and it arrived at my door step in less than 24hrs. How good is that! Thank you @FLO.

Since it's a 365 cover, I hope it does not contain clouds because the whole point of this cover is meant to keep the clouds and subsequent rain "Out" of it :D

IMG_20200205_104256.thumb.jpg.5d07d0a0e14a130eb64fa29a848114d3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't match other today but essential items none the less.  Buck converters for running the RPi off my main 13.8v supply and a packet of M6 x 20mm screws to attach imaging rig parts to dovetail bar.

• Like 2

On 03/02/2020 at 21:22, Captain Magenta said:

I'll update as soon as it arrives and later when I've had some use of it...

I would appreciate that. I have looked at it several times, but at that price I have always considered it to be too good to be true... :rolleyes2:

• Like 1

Last week I received some small/replacement parts for my Nikon D40x via... https://store.nikon.co.uk/discontinued-products-discontinued-dslr/d40x-nikon-camera-body/VBA170AE/details?focusAccessories=true#compatibleaccessoriestab

• eyepiece cap DK-5
  • rubber eyecup DK-16
  • hotshoe cover BS-1

I will not bore you with images, (they are shown in the link above)... each came in its own 2"/50cm x 3/8"/10mm square box... and posted/couriered in a box the size of a shoebox.

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Greymouser said:

I would appreciate that. I have looked at it several times, but at that price I have always considered it to be too good to be true... :rolleyes2:

it's due for delivery today, I'll be able to let you know before long. I suspect it's simply a badged OVL/Skywatcher one, but even if so it's still a very good deal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Interesting box of niceness you have.

Yes indeed!

It was in fact a nest of 3 identical boxes Russian doll style (great packaging). I was relieved when the boxes stopped at the third box to reveal my new FC100-DC. I'll post a pic of my new rig in the scopes section, when it's complete.

• Like 4