Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

nightfisher

What did the postman bring?

51 minutes ago, Bobby1970 said:

ZWO ASI 178MC

MVIMG_20200121_163901.thumb.jpg.8e496cf3d3adb61b2f3216666bf0eb7a.jpg

Nice one Bobby.  I have one too, haven't got using it much, but any time I've used it works well.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2019 at 11:20, JeremyS said:

Thanks for the heads up on this Manfrotto offer. I just went to the Wex website and they have a Black Friday deal with 25% on the 055. It also seems to say you get get the £50 cashback on top! This seems amazing if true!

On 29/11/2019 at 17:46, robbymain said:

I just placed an order with Wex after seeing this! 25% off a MT055XPRO3 (tripod only) which is usually £150 for the sweet price of £62 after the £50 cashback?! Thankyou!!!

Just out of curiosity, did anyone recieve their cashback? I have the email that I received after claiming but nothing else? No cashback as far as I can see?!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Just out of curiosity, did anyone recieve their cashback? I have the email that I received after claiming but nothing else? No cashback as far as I can see?!

Yes I received mine - the reference on the online payment was RMI SERVICES LTD btw

• Thanks 1

What's going on?  RASA 8 ordered from FLO arrived within 24 hours and possible clear sky tonight?? 

image.thumb.png.bbed2e93b0696b2ba9c503889bd633d2.png

image.png.8a6acc21e74190c00249a047e92a60f4.png

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AbsolutelyN said:

What's going on?  RASA 8 ordered from FLO arrived within 24 hours and possible clear sky tonight?? 

image.thumb.png.bbed2e93b0696b2ba9c503889bd633d2.png

image.png.8a6acc21e74190c00249a047e92a60f4.png

Congrats on the new scope but you are tempting fate by mentioning clear skies. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johninderby said:

Congrats on the new scope but you are tempting fate by mentioning clear skies. 😁

🙂 That's ok, it's too much to expect so not getting hopes up. 

Clear skies on the day a new scope arrived did actually happen for me once so it is possible. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Never mid the clouds .... thwarted already. Ordered a the RASA 8 Starizona filter draw from 365 Astronomy and they have sent the wrong item! It doesn't have M42 threads at both ends, one end has much larger M48 thread. So can't do anything at all with the new scope as can't attach a camera! 😐  

They are sending a replacement immediately though so all not lost and good service from them so far other than the mixup. Have had it for days too and didnt think to check. 

Edited by AbsolutelyN
  • Sad 1

Just bought this lovely 150PL newt from a very nice gentleman in Stratford for £90. We did the exchange in a pub car park and I was worried that passers by might think it was an illicit arms deal involving a bazooka!  Anyway, really looking forward to eyeballing some doubles with this beauty. 🙂

54BBC26F-D5CF-4795-A84A-AE8876689135.thumb.jpeg.66d28afa836ccbaf9e5e967e610d8e3b.jpeg

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 8

I got an Astronomik O-111 filter (visual) today in the 1.25 inch fitting. I already have a Lumicon O-III in the 2 inch size but wanted a good 1.25 inch O-III as well. Having owned an Astronomik O-III before I know that they are very good filters :smiley:

Filters are not the most interesting things to look at so I won't bother with a photo !

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RobertI said:

Just bought this lovely 150PL newt from a very nice gentleman in Stratford for £90. We did the exchange in a pub car park and I was worried that passers by might think it was an illicit arms deal involving a bazooka!  Anyway, really looking forward to eyeballing some doubles with this beauty. 🙂

54BBC26F-D5CF-4795-A84A-AE8876689135.thumb.jpeg.66d28afa836ccbaf9e5e967e610d8e3b.jpeg

That does look rather lovely Robert. Alot of scope for not much money! Should give some excellent views.

• Thanks 1

I recieved the dual scope alignment plate and a counterweight shaft from Rowan yesterday which I am looking forward to testing out before the mount goes back 😥😥

20200123_193828.jpg

20200123_194357.jpg

• Like 6

I almost feel ashamed after Stu’s amazing bit of CNC engineering.... Celestron Star Pointer Pro. Can’t really call it a red dot finder as it has two red circles one inside the other. Looks good and is a fare bit bigger than I thought it would be.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RobertI said:

Just bought this lovely 150PL

My first quality scope, stunned me the first times I saw Jupiter and Saturn through it.

I still use it as my planetary imager and it's great.

• Like 2

Yay! finally got my personal plates, FedEx came by just as I was leaving home, been waiting over a month.

Call me Arnie now! Lol

EF2CA973-B635-4313-984A-C7D1BF521D8E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Stu said:

I recieved the dual scope alignment plate and a counterweight shaft from Rowan yesterday which I am looking forward to testing out before the mount goes back 😥😥

20200123_193828.jpg

20200123_194357.jpg

Looks spookily like my home made ones, hope they didn't rip off my design 😂

Dave

This just arrived. Anyone care to guess what it is? I certainly wouldn't have known had I not had a certain need and looked it up...

IMG_6399.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Magenta said:

This just arrived. Anyone care to guess what it is? I certainly wouldn't have known had I not had a certain need and looked it up...

IMG_6399.jpg

I'm intrigued. Is is some kind of Dovetail extension arm?.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

This just arrived. Anyone care to guess what it is? I certainly wouldn't have known had I not had a certain need and looked it up..

I have no idea, maybe something to grasp or form something judging by the handle and screw for tightening it?