Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

On 29/11/2019 at 11:20, JeremyS said:

Thanks for the heads up on this Manfrotto offer. I just went to the Wex website and they have a Black Friday deal with 25% on the 055. It also seems to say you get get the £50 cashback on top! This seems amazing if true!

On 29/11/2019 at 17:46, robbymain said:

I just placed an order with Wex after seeing this! 25% off a MT055XPRO3 (tripod only) which is usually £150 for the sweet price of £62 after the £50 cashback?! Thankyou!!!

Just out of curiosity, did anyone recieve their cashback? I have the email that I received after claiming but nothing else? No cashback as far as I can see?!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Just out of curiosity, did anyone recieve their cashback? I have the email that I received after claiming but nothing else? No cashback as far as I can see?!

Yes I received mine - the reference on the online payment was RMI SERVICES LTD btw

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Congrats on the new scope but you are tempting fate by mentioning clear skies. 😁

Never mid the clouds .... thwarted already. Ordered a the RASA 8 Starizona filter draw from 365 Astronomy and they have sent the wrong item! It doesn't have M42 threads at both ends, one end has much larger M48 thread. So can't do anything at all with the new scope as can't attach a camera! 😐  

They are sending a replacement immediately though so all not lost and good service from them so far other than the mixup. Have had it for days too and didnt think to check. 

Edited by AbsolutelyN
  • Sad 1

Just bought this lovely 150PL newt from a very nice gentleman in Stratford for £90. We did the exchange in a pub car park and I was worried that passers by might think it was an illicit arms deal involving a bazooka!  Anyway, really looking forward to eyeballing some doubles with this beauty. 🙂

54BBC26F-D5CF-4795-A84A-AE8876689135.thumb.jpeg.66d28afa836ccbaf9e5e967e610d8e3b.jpeg

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 8

I got an Astronomik O-111 filter (visual) today in the 1.25 inch fitting. I already have a Lumicon O-III in the 2 inch size but wanted a good 1.25 inch O-III as well. Having owned an Astronomik O-III before I know that they are very good filters :smiley:

Filters are not the most interesting things to look at so I won't bother with a photo !

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RobertI said:

Just bought this lovely 150PL newt from a very nice gentleman in Stratford for £90. We did the exchange in a pub car park and I was worried that passers by might think it was an illicit arms deal involving a bazooka!  Anyway, really looking forward to eyeballing some doubles with this beauty. 🙂

54BBC26F-D5CF-4795-A84A-AE8876689135.thumb.jpeg.66d28afa836ccbaf9e5e967e610d8e3b.jpeg

That does look rather lovely Robert. Alot of scope for not much money! Should give some excellent views.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Stu said:

I recieved the dual scope alignment plate and a counterweight shaft from Rowan yesterday which I am looking forward to testing out before the mount goes back 😥😥

20200123_193828.jpg

20200123_194357.jpg

Looks spookily like my home made ones, hope they didn't rip off my design 😂

Dave

34 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

This just arrived. Anyone care to guess what it is? I certainly wouldn't have known had I not had a certain need and looked it up..

I have no idea, maybe something to grasp or form something judging by the handle and screw for tightening it?