Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

On 06/01/2020 at 18:50, PeterW said:

E5497545-9DD6-4B9B-B6FD-DA689FEA07FD.jpeg

Very nice bins there. Congratulations.

It's an itch I'll eventually have to scratch. I've spent many, many more hours looking up through bins than any and all of my telescopes.

• Like 1

... and very reasonably priced, especially if there is 20% off. Solidly built! Some say they are the equal of the Fuji 10x50 FMT. Wide, sharp and colour free to the edges, Very impressive view. Now my binocular collection is complete

peter

• Like 2

Mr. Postman delvered me an Explore Scientific 1.25" CLS [city light supression] filter, whilst I was at work today, via @FLO

I have the Baader Planetarium 1.25" Contrast Booster & 1.25" Neodymium filters too, I purchased years ago before I joined SGL, so it will make an interesting comparison as to how they compare... if/when I get a clear sky.

• Like 3

Fed up with everything getting soaking wet. Just received a Lynx Astro dual port dew controller and Astro zap heater band for my 150 pds. Tested it yesterday and Against all odds the skies were clear and the atmosphere was bone dry!!! 

Is that the equivalent of equipment anti matter?

Marv

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

What is it? 

The Pluto trigger is basically a smart wireless DSLR shutter remote control that is operated via a phone app, the unit has built in sensors for sound and light triggers so can detect lightening strikes for example during the day as well as doing HDR or just used as a intervalometer. The app is very powerful and allows for lots of differing configurations.

Alan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alien 13 said:

The Pluto trigger is basically a smart wireless DSLR shutter remote control that is operated via a phone app, the unit has built in sensors for sound and light triggers so can detect lightening strikes for example during the day as well as doing HDR or just used as a intervalometer. The app is very powerful and allows for lots of differing configurations.

Alan

Made me go a-googling Alan:

https://plutotrigger.com/products/pluto-trigger?variant=26846149383

It's very impressive, there's no individual function that's particularly innovative - except they've packed EVERYTHING you might want for automated photography into small box at a reasonable price.

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1

I got this over a week ago, but have had neither the time nor the inclination to get it out and sorted atop my tripod, yet. I have just been too tired, achy and busy.  Someone else bought it for me, which was nice, but I have already got an upgrade for one of the clamps, ( got myself this time, ) not sure which I will replace first. Top or side?

873603653_DSC_0050-Copy.thumb.JPG.76be382922552fca46f1ca357bc29195.JPG Its a Sky Tee 2, just in case you are unsure...

Aaaannnd today I had to go for another bout of laser eye surgery, on my left eye this time, ( hopefully the last time I will see him! ) which was very uncomfortable and has left my eye feeling very odd. Hopefully it will be better by morning. However as we got back, we were just in time for a delivery from DPD, which had come from Germany. I ordered it on Tuesday and it arrived today, which is not bad coming from Germany. It showed as in stock, it was and was dispatched the same day it was ordered, which is better than some retailers and is not half bad at all! :grin:

1039189500_DSC_0051-Copy.thumb.JPG.2a481690f076d115dba09bc5762ce086.JPG

It is of course, the six inch classical cass, which has a very good price at the moment. I cannot wait to try it out, perhaps on the above new mount. :rolleyes2:
Not sure what to make of it yet, but things seem to be a little loose and it may need a little fettling, so I will have to pick the brains of the apparent resident expert on these here Classics... :smiley: ( I wonder whom I could mean? :rolleyes2: )

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

Alan

Dude, that really is a thing of beauty. No idea anything like that existed. 

M

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greymouser said:

I got this over a week ago, but have had neither the time nor the inclination to get it out and sorted atop my tripod, yet. I have just been too tired, achy and busy.  Someone else bought it for me, which was nice, but I have already got an upgrade for one of the clamps, ( got myself this time, ) not sure which I will replace first. Top or side?

873603653_DSC_0050-Copy.thumb.JPG.76be382922552fca46f1ca357bc29195.JPG Its a Sky Tee 2, just in case you are unsure...

Aaaannnd today I had to go for another bout of laser eye surgery, on my left eye this time, ( hopefully the last time I will see him! ) which was very uncomfortable and has left my eye feeling very odd. Hopefully it will be better by morning. However as we got back, we were just in time for a delivery from DPD, which had come from Germany. I ordered it on Tuesday and it arrived today, which is not bad coming from Germany. It showed as in stock, it was and was dispatched the same day it was ordered, which is better than some retailers and is not half bad at all! :grin:

1039189500_DSC_0051-Copy.thumb.JPG.2a481690f076d115dba09bc5762ce086.JPG

It is of course, the six inch classical cass, which has a very good price at the moment. I cannot wait to try it out, perhaps on the above new mount. :rolleyes2:
Not sure what to make of it yet, but things seem to be a little loose and it may need a little fettling, so I will have to pick the brains of the apparent resident expert on these here Classics... :smiley: ( I wonder whom I could mean? :rolleyes2: )

The most important thing in all of this, are you ok? I hear laser eye surgery and it gives me the chills. I do hope all is well.

Marv

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

The most important thing in all of this, are you ok? I hear laser eye surgery and it gives me the chills. I do hope all is well.

Thank you for asking and the good sentiment. :smiley:
Yes all is well and the eye is starting to feel better all ready, so fingers crossed. The other eye went well, without any problems so this should be good too. There is no anaesthetic, other than eye drops, but they are useless, at least there is no recovery time. :smiley:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Greymouser said:

Thank you for asking and the good sentiment. :smiley:
Yes all is well and the eye is starting to feel better all ready, so fingers crossed. The other eye went well, without any problems so this should be good too. There is no anaesthetic, other than eye drops, but they are useless, at least there is no recovery time. :smiley:

I have to ask, your avatar? Looks like a complete gem.

19 hours ago, Greymouser said:

Look forward to seeing how you get on with the 6” Cass. Hope it’s a nice as the 8”. 👍🏻

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

On 17/01/2020 at 21:17, Marvin Jenkins said:

I have to ask, your avatar? Looks like a complete gem.

He was called Ben and was my mums dog. We took him on after she died in 2006, but things did not go well, I still feel bad about the whole time. He was a good dog, but had issues, his end and the end of my wife's Labrador has constantly put me off having dogs since. I love having a dog around, but the end bit is just too awful to contemplate again. :sad:

• Sad 1