Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

This one was waiting all day at home.  It is quite a bit heaver than the Baader 2" mirror diagonal that I have.    First light has to be some daytime spotting judging by the weather forecast.  

prism.thumb.jpg.111a04c2c1cfd8df3f6d9647776d5023.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/10/2019 at 15:36, markse68 said:

Just arrived- my new compact 13mm eyepiece... 😂

1E4F4AF8-B4D4-416D-B5A0-E08ABE31E6EA.jpeg

First light last night- now I really understand the kidney beaning thing 😳 I guess they never intended you to see the field stop AND the rest of the field . Nice view though if you don’t try  to see the full field 😉

Galoc is nice too- bit of distortion at the edge but nice wide view 

Edited by markse68
  • Like 1

One of these yesterday.

20191023_102039.thumb.jpg.aa38b5e43097fe4a01cfe70a09146eee.jpg

I wasn't expecting anything yesterday so was having my car serviced, which I had to rebook fron Friday after the same company stuffed up my delivery on Thursday. I had to go into their website to book a redelivery for today, which is when it *should* have been delivered :mad:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, DaveS said:

One of these yesterday.wasn't expecting anything yesterday so was having my car serviced, which I had to rebook fron Friday after the same company stuffed up my delivery on Thursday. I had to go into their website to book a redelivery for today, which is when it *should* have been delivered :mad:

So Definately Hopeless & Late stuffed up again.. 😁

• Like 2

On 21/10/2019 at 12:33, DaveS said:

From @FLO Baader LRGB and ultra-narrow Sulphur and Oxygen. Just waiting for the Hydrogen.

IMG_20191021_122655.thumb.jpg.7934f24690f92400de4ce16febaf1dea.jpg

2" filters for my Moravian 16200 camera.

You 100% need to post some test images of the Ultra narrow band filters on a bright ish star. I have not seen any reviews and I am really interested in the SII filter. 

Adam

13 minutes ago, Adam J said:

You 100% need to post some test images of the Ultra narrow band filters on a bright ish star. I have not seen any reviews and I am really interested in the SII filter. 

Adam

Oh I will, just as soon as I'm in a position to do so. Been long delays on the ODK12 (Not surprising given OOUK's reputation for delivery) and getting the obsy foundation platform built.

The only way I could do anything sooner would be to put the G3 16200 on the TS 130 f/7 but that would throw the balance so far out as to make rebalancing problematic.

40 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Well DHL delivered the mitre saw stand, so now I will proceed to mitre saw some fingers off.

I know you say it as a joke, but Dave, please don't! chop anything off but wood.
I see too much of this type of thing in my day job!!!
Be careful, be very careful indeed.

• Like 1

Oh yes, I'll be very careful, taking things slowly and making sure I understand what I'm about to do before doing it. Reading the manual that came with the saw. ATM I'm assembling the mitre saw bench that's just been delivered, and will put the saw on the bench. Do things properly rather than bodge along. I've also got a separate stand to support the long lengths of wood I'll be chopping up.

Been on plenty of H&S courses as a science technician, though not specifically woodworking. Helps with the mind-set though.

• Like 1

DPD person has been a few minutes ago, on time and correct day.
The odd thing was I was only expecting parcel from FLO, but had another one of plants delivered a day early.

I did note every time DPD deliver the person is named Charles! But one was a lady, another chap Asian etc.
Interesting how Charles is such a popular name across all sexes and our diverse population 😉

Anyway, I bought a new, yes new DeLite 13mm.
Just want an 18.2mm, but I can wait for a used one of those or the discounts if they ever come again.

IMG_3648.thumb.JPG.7042ec969dda4569f8f681a9babb531e.JPG

• Like 5

1 minute ago, johninderby said:

Adds a bit of colour to the tripod. 👍🏻

14B362D3-25DE-4AD2-AC72-8BB24324FF6F.jpeg

Hello @johninderby
It certainly does.  Not fitted as yet.  Should go well with my black NEQ6 pro tripod. 
Watch this space as plans afoot to follow your Berlebach spreader NEQ6 tripod upgrade.  Really looks like a good project. 
Parts have been ordered.  

Kind regards.  John 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A used William Optics EZ Touch alt-az mount and nice wooden tripod, bought from UKABS.  This is the first generation of this mount which was made by AOK in Switzerland (before they shifted production to Taiwan and started ripping off the AOK design apparently). It's really well made and seems lovely to use (playing with it in the garage at least). 

Will use it to hold a 6" mak cass with a heritage 130p on the other side

20191016_174949.jpg

Edited by CraigT82
  • Like 4

Celestron Starpointer Pro Finderscope quite fiddly and cheap feeling but should do the job and looks good

Sebeb laser collimator nice piece of kit took a fews mins to align the secondary then primary in the dark

20191023_200515.jpg

20191023_200531.jpg

• Like 2