Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Thanks to SGL member David, who sold me this great looking scope last week... I was only looking for a second Ha filter when it caught my eye - I think the ad only lasted 14 minutes! (I got the filter as well which was hand delivered by Adrian, another SGL member).

DSC_1592.thumb.JPG.36cf96b00cd474fa21cf0659fa05064c.JPG

Scope arrived safe and sound to the office today - via Hermes (which I thought was a nice astro touch!) Superbly packed for it's journey to me as well - thanks for that David 😀

Hoping it makes for a decent travel scope and perhaps a lower power (full disk?) solar scope (instead of the 'details' with the f/8 TSA102s), with the Quark.

I've looked at this 90mm for some time, so I'm well aware of the CA and inherant field curvature that a doublet running at f/5.6 will have, but it should be fun finding out which eyepieces work best... 31mm Nagler, Ethos or the 20mm Pentax XW, or perhaps something else.... I have a few hi-power Tak erfles that have never got much use as well.

DSC_1594.thumb.JPG.c745f8254b0a6af88187d716389c6074.JPG

Thankfully, my William Optics EZTouch alt/az mount never sold years ago when I placed it on AB&S, and my mate has just given me as an early Christmas present, an Altair Astro Vixen-style saddle clamp - so I don't mar the ADM dovetail that was already fixed to the rings.

I have to say the Tele Vue bag is rather nice (not that I'd pay over £100 for it new) and the included diagonal looks unmarked.

Just purchased the 1.08x DG Multi Flattener that's been sitting for ages in FLO's 'offers' section, just in case I want to take the odd photo with it in the future.

DSC_1597.thumb.JPG.8f1c35be3e4bb8666f8483ca505d8029.JPG

Damian

Edited by TakMan
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, TakMan said:

Thanks to SGL member David, who sold me this great looking scope last week... I was only looking for a second Ha filter when it caught my eye - I think the ad only lasted 14 minutes! (I got the filter as well which was hand delivered by Adrian, another SGL member).

DSC_1592.thumb.JPG.36cf96b00cd474fa21cf0659fa05064c.JPG

Scope arrived safe and sound to the office today - via Hermes (which I thought was a nice astro touch!) Superbly packed for it's journey to me as well - thanks for that David 😀

Hoping it makes for a decent travel scope and perhaps a lower power (full disk?) solar scope (instead of the 'details' with the f/8 TSA102s), with the Quark.

I've looked at this 90mm for some time, so I'm well aware of the CA and inherant field curvature that a doublet running at f/5.6 will have, but it should be fun finding out which eyepieces work best... 31mm Nagler, Ethos or the 20mm Pentax XW, or perhaps something else.... I have a few hi-power Tak erfles that have never got much use as well.

DSC_1594.thumb.JPG.c745f8254b0a6af88187d716389c6074.JPG

Thankfully, my William Optics EZTouch alt/az mount never sold years ago when I placed it on AB&S, and my mate has just given me as an early Christmas present, an Altair Astro Vixen-style saddle clamp - so I don't mar the ADM dovetail that was already fixed to the rings.

I have to say the Tele Vue bag is rather nice (not that I'd pay over £100 for it new) and the included diagonal looks unmarked.

Just purchased the 1.08x DG Multi Flattener that's been sitting for ages in FLO's 'offers' section, just in case I want to take the odd photo with it in the future.

DSC_1597.thumb.JPG.8f1c35be3e4bb8666f8483ca505d8029.JPG

Damian

ooohh, that's very pretty. Enjoy!. Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long ago in a galaxy far away I had a Star Adventurer which I had accidentally damaged, losing breaking the USB connection, but it still worked.  When I tried it earlier this year it would not work so I decided to get a new one, as my age and health does not allow me to use more than a few pounds of weight.  (I cannot drive and have to rely on others to take me wherever I go)

A few days ago my parcel arrived from a company called First Light Optics, and I noticed it had a warning on the box  "May contain clouds".  I did not order, nor did I want clouds, and wonder if I should return them, and will I have to pay the return postage. 

More to the point, how do I get the Star Adventurer out of the box without releasing the clouds, and if they do manage to escape how will I get them back in the box?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Svbony finder shoe and dovetail. Didn’t want the shoe but couldn’t find rhe dovetail on it’s own. Cheap enough though anyway.

Had some old small finder rings and just needed something to bolt them to. Flattened the bottom of the rings and bolted them in place. Result one nice and neat low profile 6x30 finder bracket and could get rid of that irritatingly tall Skywatcher bracket on the Bresser 127 mak..👍🏻

52EF9218-F0EE-47C8-BEFE-CD38A6716923.jpeg

C9D98B67-C7E2-4922-A5D0-B5FC26B84A06.jpeg

E57C380E-0324-4C9A-B929-AB9E3A695E57.jpeg

F0B8AEFB-FC2C-4CB2-93CB-2224497C5426.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Very neat end result John 

Yes indeed it is so much nicer than the tall stalk. 🙂

Maybe Rowan should bring out some proper low profile finder brackets. 🤔

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

Delivery person has just been and delivered a very well protected item.
To say I am happy would be an understatement.

IMG_3632.thumb.JPG.fd8e6648120cd053b854f5f6881285e4.JPG

Please say hello to my OOUK OD150 f5, 1/6 wave mirror.
This is what I (and others)consider to be a Goldilocks scope.
So looking forward to giving it first light.
Described as Mint by the former owner, I think it should have been Mint New, 
In super unmarked condition.

Also shows how from my 2007 10" to the 2009 6" how OOUK upped the game on general finish of the scopes.

One thing to note far slimmer than my previous SW150p f5's that I have owned and lighter too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lately for me non astro stuff yet for the wife Baby stuff for my son, Why do woman go mad when there is an offspring on the way, the postwoman can't keep up. I mention astro stuff and reply "not now more important things to get"... confused Grandad to be....:cussing:

Nothing today. Should have been the mitre saw I had ordered but just got a "Sorry your package is late" message from Amazon. TBH they have enough trouble finding my place in daylight, heaven help them when it's dark.