SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

21 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I used one this aft to remove a stubborn SCT diagonal with zero damage. 👍🏻

Also usefull for unscrewing lens cells, focusers etc.

I had to employ the use of a vice and a heat gun to undo the spacers from a filter drawer the other night. The 5mm is an absolute swine as it's so hard to grip. I dont even tighten them up much but they always appear to be welded upon removal!

20191004_174815.jpg

Got these today. 50 velcro cable ties for a bit of cable management, a micro USB for my Canon 6d and a 2.1mm right angle extension cable for my HEQ5 Pro. Can't understand why Skywatcher don't make this connection standard instead of the straight plug so the weight of the PSU is pulling on the plug 🤔

20191007_204238.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 10:56, johninderby said:

Ha.......the Baader cases are child's play to open compared to the evilness of the cases used on some small drills and milling bits. You have to press, lift and twist the tabs all at the same time. 🙀🙀🙀

248E3064-4CDA-4E4E-A7BF-0E0ED2770936.jpeg

Last time I saw a set like that I was getting an incisor root canal done! 

....or was it a lobotomy?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Set of micro milling bits in the open case and micro drills in the closed case. 

Yup, that's what he used. Sure my eyes were watering and he was cackling like a deranged demon! :)

• Sad 1

On 02/10/2019 at 10:56, johninderby said:

Ha.......the Baader cases are child's play to open compared to the evilness of the cases used on some small drills and milling bits. You have to press, lift and twist the tabs all at the same time. 🙀🙀🙀

248E3064-4CDA-4E4E-A7BF-0E0ED2770936.jpeg

Isn't that what they call an open and shut case, John?

🙂

• Haha 1

I just got it through the door an unboxed. 

It has been an anxious wait to see how APM would solve my request on getting a hybrid version that can be converted between single and dual mount.   It turned out just perfect!   It is supersolid but still not at all hard to carry thanks to the integrated handle.   Since I'm not that heavy it is likely that I can sit on it and swing around with a scope mounted.    🙃    Clouds covers most of the sky tonight as usual.  I don't care.  I still contemplate taking all the gear out and watch the coulds just to get it out for a first spin.   Rain would be bad though.  

mount.thumb.jpg.a08bc4833b0b6d620095d71a3c485887.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1