Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

3 minutes ago, DeepSkyMan said:

Not before time I have eventually sourced a protective carrier for my Oberwerk Tall Tripod.  The Geoptik carrier for Eq6 and tripod.  It has a bit more capacity than I envisaged, wondering if I might fit my Vixen HAL 130 alongside it, need to get the Vixen in from the garden to check it out. No more dings and scrapes😀

Very neat! I really have to get my gear sorted and stored properly. My ED-Apo is the only devcie I have a case for, not counting the Star Adventurer's Box. ;)

I havevbeen planning for a long time to get cases and make proper foam cutouts for my Vixen GP, the Star Adventurer and a few other odds and ends, but never come around to actually do it.

Post person delivered a card so I could go collect this item. 
Another member of the @David Hardie sell off collection, thank you David.

I have tried a 5mm DeLIte before and didn't like it for some reason, but
thought what the heck try a 9mm as it's a gap I wish to fill.
Very pleased I did.

IMG_3541.thumb.JPG.f50b1196fdda7fbb208917b33742eeae.JPG

In later answer to David's question about lack of box hindering sales,
clearly not is the answer.

• Like 5

A bit late on posting in here.. Delivered 5 Weeks ago!. A Revelation ED80 F6.8 OTA

This is now sitting on my grab n go/ UK Travel setup. I jumped an grabbed a bargain!.. So nice to have an APO back.

Rob

P.s I purchased a SVbony finder shoe. Added: Opticstar rings & dovetail (yes I know they are white!). TAL 1.25" Diagonal, ScopeTeknix 20/10 Autoshutoff RDF with Baader metal finder mount. SmartAstronomy 25mm Plossl

ED801.JPG

ED802.JPG

ED803.JPG

Edited by Rob
  • Like 6

So what's in here then?

1500578976_DSC_0029-Copy.thumb.JPG.f42933257097ef4fcb220b86438a135f.JPG

Well, it looks like a box of clouds, ( sort of, ) it says it's maybe a box of clouds, but:

9469151_DSC_0030-Copy.thumb.JPG.b7b9e1a29934fd16ff17139435924c70.JPG

It is in fact an AZGTi, take 2! The first attempt was faulty, but Rob :wink: at FLO, sorted it and here it is in another incarnation, which hopefully will work great now! Ta very much FLO for sorting it. :grin:

Edit: No idea how many weeks it will take for me to be able to test it, considering the sent clouds though... :sad:

Edit2: Still not working. Starting to think I have got a right lemon here. :sad:

Edited by Greymouser
  • Like 6

Today I received an 80mm Celestron guidescope courtesy of AB&S.  Irritatingly I can't find any spare tube rings for it, but I'm sure I'll work something out.  Perhaps just fit a dovetail directly to it or maybe even make some, though given the relatively low cost of a new pair perhaps it would just be easier to buy them :)

James

• Like 1

On 26/09/2019 at 13:35, Rob said:

A bit late on posting in here.. Delivered 5 Weeks ago!. A Revelation ED80 F6.8 OTA

This is now sitting on my grab n go/ UK Travel setup. I jumped an grabbed a bargain!.. So nice to have an APO back.

Rob

P.s I purchased a SVbony finder shoe. Added: Opticstar rings & dovetail (yes I know they are white!). TAL 1.25" Diagonal, ScopeTeknix 20/10 Autoshutoff RDF with Baader metal finder mount. SmartAstronomy 25mm Plossl

ED801.JPG

ED802.JPG

ED803.JPG

I've got one of these to. Lovely scope for a semi apo. I was pleased when I got it. Matches my Altair diaganol perfectly to 😁

DSC_0413.thumb.JPG.17ae2f6488ceed364dab3c6ea5a5bf64.JPG

• Like 3