Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Having got round to unboxing my recently acquired grab and go Celestron 127SLT I found 2 books included.

20190807_123241.thumb.jpg.6f496046a3827bfb4899f1e8fafced40.jpg

Turn left at Orion is not too much use to me but I'll keep it just in case.

The Mars book is from the early 90's and very outdated. Inside the front cover is a note:

20190807_124243.thumb.jpg.5bb6b088671d609e387e0bb4bb03d435.jpg

Maybe someone remembers buying this?

Anyway, it'll be on its way to the charity shop. See if they can get a quid for it.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2019 at 14:56, Stu said:

This one arrived today, lovely Baader Diamond Steeltrack focuser for my 12.5" Truss Dob project, with adaptor plate which I hope allows it to fit without too much hassle.

20190805_125330.jpg

Excellent kit; just stays out of the way while you crack on (no news to you, I'm sure). Best of luck with it! :thumbright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Excellent kit; just stays out of the way while you crack on (no news to you, I'm sure). Best of luck with it! :thumbright:

Thanks Mike. I've not had the Diamond version but am sure it's pretty much the same as the plain old SteelTrack. I think they are excellent value and very well engineered. If anything I prefer them to Moonlites.

• Like 1

A new microscope, keeps me busy on those frigid winter nights, this is my second, the first i had to sell in a pinch several years ago but, I've since found my wallet again lol.

Of all things to put under a microscope i thought id stick my iPhone under it and look at pixels!

IMG_7725.JPG

IMG_7716.JPG

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Spread stopper for Berlebach Report.

Good news is the same triangular wooden tray as I use on my Berlebach Planet tripod also fits.

IMG_6264.JPG.99799fd79b45fe63419886cb0760edd1.JPG

IMG_6265.JPG.42edbe587644b9475a0864a8673b579a.JPG

The spread stopper is a great improvement in my opinion. I love it in my Uni tripod.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Piero said:

The spread stopper is a great improvement in my opinion. I love it in my Uni tripod.

I have one on my uni tripod and also my EQ6 tripod. So much better than the stock arrangements on both. 👍🏻

I’m wating for someone to say you can’t fit thr Berlebach spreader to an EQ6 tripod. 😁😁😁

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, GlenM said:

I dare not spend on a big blue box, I would like to though.

Unfortunately, the big stuff doesn't come in a shiny blue box, Glen. But I've come to learn that the long brown boxes with Japanese font on them are also fully acceptable 🙂

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Star101 said:

My wife would like to do some nightscape photography. I would like to do a slightly different style of nightscape...so i bought this :)

Omegon LX3......I just need the clouds to clear now :)

LX3.jpg

Tripod.jpg

The ideal solution for astrophotography after the Zombie Apocalypse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2