Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

nightfisher

What did the postman bring?

Recommended Posts

Ahh...do you mean can you adjust it in the dovetail bracket? Or the hole alignment?

chaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ade, I probably find it much easier to balance than you do because  both of the above scopes come with rings.  Both scopes dovetails have suitable holes that you can fasten to the 393's dovetail with the supplied bolts than come with the mount - all very compatable.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, chaz2b said:

Ahh...do you mean can you adjust it in the dovetail bracket? Or the hole alignment?

chaz

Chaz, the 393 dovetail attached  to the dovetail with the rings on the scope as mentioned in my last post, just slides along the mount and locks into place with the lever on the mount.  In effect the two dovetails bolted together act as a single dovetail with the scope and rings on top.  Of course, by sliding the scope through the rings you get even more adjustment options.

I hope all this makes some sense !?

Edited by paulastro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, paulastro said:

Chaz, the 393 dovetail attached  to the dovetail with the rings on the scope as mentioned in my last post, just slides along the mount and locks into place with the lever on the mount.  In effect the two dovetails bolted together act as a single dovetail with the scope and rings on top.  Of course, by sliding the scope through the rings you get even more adjustment options.

I hope all this makes some sense !?

Thank you Paul, with it now.👍

chaz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bino Bandits arrived,excellent bit of kit, fitted to my Orion Scenix, makes a huge difference, a much better viewing pleasure.

chaz

EA452BA5-93E4-4AC0-9313-7B9A05BBB9C6.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my Ioptron AZ PRO mount, tripod and extension tube today. Have to wait a month to open it though 🙈 it’s for my birthday. Can I wait that long 🤔. Will post pics of the set up when it’s got the scope on. 

Steve 

image.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Have to wait a month to open it though 🙈 it’s for my birthday. Can I wait that long 🤔.

Don't wait that long - you should check to see that everything works. Or at least that's the excuse.... 🙂

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Received my Ioptron AZ PRO mount, tripod and extension tube today. Have to wait a month to open it though 🙈 it’s for my birthday. Can I wait that long 🤔. Will post pics of the set up when it’s got the scope on. 

Steve 

 

To avoid possible birthday disappointment you NEED to properly test it out before hand. 😁

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chaz2b said:

Bino Bandits arrived,excellent bit of kit, fitted to my Orion Scenix, makes a huge difference, a much better viewing pleasure.

chaz

EA452BA5-93E4-4AC0-9313-7B9A05BBB9C6.jpeg

Hello Chaz.  Can you swop these easily between binoculars ?? 

Thx. John 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Telescope40 said:

Hello Chaz.  Can you swop these easily between binoculars ?? 

Thx. John 

I would imagine so, as they are quite stretchy, they fitted easily within seconds!and certainly worth having.

I do have quite a few binos so will try them out on a bigger pair and let you know.

chaz

Edited by chaz2b
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Super pumped about my new (used) piece of glass, immaculately cared for by original owner, now i have adopted it, it will complement my Starmaster nicely.

Enormous piece of glass on these i noticed, i was surprised by the size of the eye lens, larger than my first scope lol, i have read much about the Morpheus line, i hear they're 

great, if only the skies would clear up.

IMG_6707.JPG

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A used 9x50 Erect Image Finderscope courtesy of Ebay. Besides a scratch or two not noticed unless you look for them, it's great with clean and clear optics.

My dodgy knees and creaky neck can have a rest now. Woohoo!

IMG_20190523_124430379.thumb.jpg.7cd49b4ae3e58c8d0ba1e0101f6d9272.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bits & pieces.

Baader T2 prism body (I allready had the nosepiece and focusing eyepiece holder)

USB cable amd cigarette plug USB adapter to power the Quark.

Bolts for the Skymax 180 rings and dovetail so that everything now fits properly

57053227-D8A2-4CDE-A5FD-E072AA191F60.jpeg

0B099ED4-BBDB-4A98-97F8-58EBB89636F8.jpeg

2CBDED63-3BC9-413F-8021-882079F7FAC4.jpeg

927EC568-FD49-4399-B571-3928546016C9.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A small slice of the L-chondrite meteorite Aba Panu that fell in Nigeria on April 19th 2018. Collected within days of the fall so not subjected to 100s or 1000s of years of the Earth's weather. Fresh from the birth of the solar system and newly arrived on this planet !. The link below is to the Meteoritical Bulletin entry for this meteorite:

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=67799

abapanu.thumb.jpg.9260f338a52aa6e7f5c67dc6c8419e4d.jpg

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Postman delivered my Giant alt-az mount today. Thanks Zoltan! 1st inspection looks good!

8A9719B2-A76C-4F02-892E-3C8E3A456B97.jpeg

6768A28F-8758-4A69-9AC2-144BE436F1C4.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sky-searcher said:

Postman delivered my Giant alt-az mount today. Thanks Zoltan! 1st inspection looks good!

Excellent! I look forward to hear how you get on with it. Looks very nice.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also Interested in buying one of the exact mounts.

They are very well priced on zoltans  site.

I'd be happy if you were to give me your  first impressions of it.

And what scopes you intend using side by side with it.

Paul

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, djpaul said:

I am also Interested in buying one of the exact mounts.

They are very well priced on zoltans  site.

I'd be happy if you were to give me your  first impressions of it.

And what scopes you intend using side by side with it.

Paul

 

Hi Paul, after a lot of searching for a mount, the Giaz was the one that most interested me. Not a lot of reviews on the internet, but decided to take the plunge & get it from Zoltan, who I have got to say was great. 1st impressions are good. Sturdy tripod & mount seams to be really fluid. I have a heritage 130p & recently purchased a Mak127, as new to the hobby at the start of the year. I have ordered tube rings from Orion in US as I want to mount the Mak on the righthand side & want to eventually purchase a 150pds to mount on left side. I am also having a counter weight made so I can use a single OTA on the mount. I will post some pics & impressions of the mount as all comes together. Thanks Andy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2019 at 20:03, Telescope40 said:

Hello Chaz.  Can you swop these easily between binoculars ?? 

Yes I have three that I currently swap amongst seven binoculars. But I'm going to get 4 more as funds permit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While waiting for a certain other order to arrive this sun shade for my tablet arrived. Not perfect but at least can see the screen in full sunlight. Waiting for a matte anti glare screen protector to arrive which should help a bit more.

 

4F6E9645-8547-423C-A9A0-BF0FD32FE9A9.jpeg

C2C2594F-25EB-4D8C-957E-D50257F69C04.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 And a box has landed. 😺

Have started a thread in the Discussions Scopes /Whole Setups section.

E9EC0D0C-37FB-417F-A8A5-898CA0A25652.jpeg

EDE83A69-16F4-4847-BF0D-1F9DFF6A2ECB.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johninderby said:

 And a box has landed. 😺

Have started a thread in the Discussions Scopes /Whole Setups section.

 

Very Interested to hear about this.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.