SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

On 24/12/2018 at 11:38, FenlandPaul said:

Well I was genuinely surprised by this delivery, given I’ve only received about 3 over the last 12 months! 

4977209B-91A0-4DBA-81E2-055C09E7A8CA.jpeg

Is delivery of S&T a problem these days? I think I've seen a few complaints about this?

When I collected the magazine by subscription, 1979-1990 or so, although it took about eight weeks to get the first issue (which I was told to expect), I never had any problems, it was a regular delivery.

Edited by trynda1701

1 hour ago, trynda1701 said:

Is delivery of S&T a problem these days? I think I've seen a few complaints about this?

When I collected the magazine by subscription, 1979-1990 or so, although it took about eight weeks to get the first issue (which I was told to expect), I never had any problems, it was a regular delivery.

I’ve had repeated problems, but have always tried to get it delivered to my house (I hear those who preorder and collect from a local newsagent have better results). 

I can get the digital edition, but just don’t enjoy it as much.

This was dumped unceremoniously by my back door this morning by UPS.

I only knew it was there when they sent me an email to say it had been delivered. Didn't even bother to ring the bell!

31558498067_42941d3553_k.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, geordie85 said:

A flat IV thanks to John. Its a lot bigger than I thought it would be. 

I've got one of those and it works very well, the only thing with the WO version, unless they've altered, is the complete lack of instructions.

The Revelation version that looks identical has these instructions which may be helpful.

1289478625_Flattener1V.PNG.13b4be1c1481894afd3c6c79a5a7de0f.PNG

Another problem I had with it was difficulty in getting a compression ring type focuser to grip it tightly due to the under cut on the nose piece, I stuck some ptfe adhesive tape round mine to level it up.

Dave

• Like 1

I've actually already got one of these, but this second one is now on its' way (thanks, Des) to make a binoviewing pair, I was sold on this by Bill Paolini's review of these ..?.

Dave

image (2).jpeg

image (3).jpeg

image.jpeg

image (1).jpeg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 1

On 21 December 2018 at 15:56, spillage said:

Have you tried Aldi's own whiskey. Speyside, islay and thier black label are all really good and award winners.

Considering their Highland black is budget, it's astonishing nice. They did an Irish one; Clontarf 1014 which I'd certainly buy again if I see it.

Courier DPD knocked on the door at 9.45 am this morning, amazed as I only bought this at 16.40 from RVO last night,
normal 1-2 day delivery service, stunned.

A mint 5mm DeLite, just could not resist and it's a pick me up present to myself.
Always wanted to try one, had a gap and thought what the heck.

IMG_3382.thumb.JPG.d42406697406f95eb286784bb09d09a1.JPG

Of course made in Japan as I like; super build quality as you would expect, great lock on the EP mechanism and
of course TeleVue quality all over.   
I have a full on case Televueitus or similar affliction.

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 6

On 24/12/2018 at 15:08, david_taurus83 said:

No more worrying about dead batteries

20181224_143518.jpg

Had a bit of kit from Nevada this week- none of it really astro related (although it is destined from my obsy/radio shack!).

A Scanking Discone antenna and an antenna tuner amongst other things.

A new to me, though actually of 1990s vintage and still working perfectly, Manfrotto 058 tripod for my SolarQuest mount and Lunt LS60. 

Love the way that this model has a lever to release all three legs at once, which makes levelling a whole lot easier. 

IMG_20190104_142747.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fozzybear said:

what on earth are you planning on building with that amount of filament......

Micro-Dome is one thing and garden ornaments, birdbath, water feature etc.

• Like 1