Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

On 26/11/2018 at 11:51, Helen said:

Saw  reasonable looking VR googles for £7.50 in the tesco garage. If I hadn't been paying over £70 for a tank of diesel(!) I might have been tempted.

Another Neewer bag: this time to carry the Skywatcher AZ-GTi head, tripod and Tracer battery (front bag in pic). This is slightly larger than the Neweer bag which holds the Takahashi FC76 DCU (at the back in pic). 

IMG_2453.JPG

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 3

A Celestron 2" XLT SCT star diagonal and a Vixen SLV 15mm eyepiece.

I got the diagonal for £70 inc postage from EBay; been wanting one for quite a while and it's immaculate.

The Vix was £99 from Tring Astro.

Can't be bothered to take pics right now; just too tired. 

Posted pics below just now...

Edited by reezeh
Added last sentence.

Not exactly the postman, but my partner did spot a council worker on top of a cherry picker, doing something to my street light. Could it be connected to my complaint about glare from the light, which somehow got much worse a few weeks ago? Indeed it was! Tonight the I can see the worst of the glare has gone and while the light still makes its presence known, it is tolerable. For the first time in a few weeks I felt inclined to spend some time under the stars, just doing some naked-eye observing. Very relaxing - do we really need all this equipment?

• Like 7

On 26/05/2017 at 08:00, tooth_dr said:

I received these items today, in super quick time, perfectly wrapped.  Larger than they look on the photos, really nice quality feel to everything.  Thanks Jesper.

Adam. 

IMG_3588.JPG

May i ask what sort of explosive you used to get through the wrapping? lol

• Haha 2

Hot shoe to finder adapter. The eBay chap supplied a Slightly updated version with 2 different thumb screws and a hex bolt and asked for some feedback to see which works best which I’m happy to do. 

Cheers @JOC for the link ??

90ED28D6-DCD8-4BA7-B727-DD0643608410.jpeg

DA1A5699-C6E4-4F09-BD92-13185B549D8A.jpeg

• Like 3

Apologies for not adding pics to my post yesterday, but I'm still getting over a horrible chest infection.

Taken some not long ago, so I've got no excuse...

Here you go Celestron XLT diagonal and Vixen SLV 15mm eyepiece 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ags said:

Not exactly the postman, but my partner did spot a council worker on top of a cherry picker, doing something to my street light. Could it be connected to my complaint about glare from the light, which somehow got much worse a few weeks ago? Indeed it was! Tonight the I can see the worst of the glare has gone and while the light still makes its presence known, it is tolerable. For the first time in a few weeks I felt inclined to spend some time under the stars, just doing some naked-eye observing. Very relaxing - do we really need all this equipment?

Swap local lighting?

Don't worry about not being able to see; you'll be able to to read black writing on very very very dark grey paper at night from 20km further out from it than I am!

On 9 November 2018 at 16:25, Highburymark said:

One very small bit of American aluminium with one very big function - the final link in my new night vision set up. Cue three nights of cloud and rain.

IMG_1056.JPG

Isn't it "aloominum" if it's American?

I had several of these a while back, almost identical to BGOs cosmetically, and every bit as good optically. As so often is the case I regret selling them..

My little ortho set is growing, now consisting of a pair of BGO 6mm, pair of Fujiyama 12.5mm and now this solo Antares 9mm, all made in Japan?☺.

Dave

IMG_20181203_112210158.jpg

IMG_20181203_112147286.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 5

Loads more 3D printing filament from colorFabb having taken advantage of their 25% off Black Friday several weeks deal.  Their PLA Economy is very good and half the price of other top-notch brands.  Only downside is small number of colours.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

For my upcoming refractor pyrchase..... Brand new 1.25" Takahasi prism. Irritantingly didn't come supplied  with caps :(

20181205_103223.jpg

A great prism Craig...Love the helical retaining ring and optically A1. Yes, annoying about the dust caps but standard ones should fit☺.

Davr