SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

It looks a great read and useful planning tool doesn’t it? The review on CN are very favourable too. I like the way they describe the objects and how the views vary from instrument to instrument - much more useful than a DSS image or long exposure photo. 

I am also hoping they describe what part of the Milky Way is being observed - looking through the spiral arms, towards the galactic core or out into deeper space. I often think of the sky being a flat plane so understanding the depth of the Milky Way will be wonderful. 

Nothing yet. 

Im waiting on a delivery today of one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Warmlite-WL42005-Halogen-Oscillation-Function/dp/B005N631CU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1542044946&sr=8-6&keywords=halogen+heater

I figured it would heat my bedroom when its cold, instead of burning oil and heating the whole house. My housemate/friend John had one delivered last week for the same reason. They are extremely good.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

3 Arduino Nanos.  Each Nano was in its own cardboard box, each set of PCB pins was in its own plastic bag, those 6 packaged items were inside another cardboard box which itself was vacuum wrapped in plastic.  Then this was inside a padded plastic bag at least ten times the volume of the outer box!!!

• Haha 1

On 18/11/2018 at 19:29, Danjc said:

DHL man dropped a refurbished Dell notebook off a few days ago. 

Not sure I like Windows 10 yet though !

W10 is faantaaaastic - You'll love it - most people do ? 

On 14/11/2018 at 21:11, Gina said:

3 Arduino Nanos.  Each Nano was in its own cardboard box, each set of PCB pins was in its own plastic bag, those 6 packaged items were inside another cardboard box which itself was vacuum wrapped in plastic.  Then this was inside a padded plastic bag at least ten times the volume of the outer box!!!

This is the problem with re-gifting Gina.....lol!

David

On 12/11/2018 at 17:50, LukeSkywatcher said:

Nothing yet. 

Im waiting on a delivery today of one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Warmlite-WL42005-Halogen-Oscillation-Function/dp/B005N631CU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1542044946&sr=8-6&keywords=halogen+heater

I figured it would heat my bedroom when its cold, instead of burning oil and heating the whole house. My housemate/friend John had one delivered last week for the same reason. They are extremely good.

Nice - however, I go for extra layers and then I'm warm all over the house - which is fine until my fingers start to freeze at the keyboard - then it's time to introduce some agitated molecules into the equation lol!

David

I once got sent an AVR by Farnell, about 12mm square.

It was between two anti-static 'Waffles' for holding, say, 256 ICs, and about 30cm long.

In a plastic bag.

Inside a cardboard box.

Surrounded by bags of air.

Inside a box big enough to hold a PC and accessories.

I have no idea if this was rank stupidity or some witty employee taking the proverbial ?

• Haha 1

I get that quite a lot with things I've ordered from Amazon!  Though they seem to prefer screwed up brown paper these days so maybe they've taken some notice of the plastic problem...  OTOH - probably not.  Next delivery will probably be a huge box with plastic air bags!

The locking wheels for my dob arrived today, will be nice to get them installed and get on with building the heated dob closet in the garage. Just a heat lamp is needed now to dry up the frosts and dew when they occur and the closet will provide a dust free environment for drying and storage. Waiting for the bits for building the 80x400 6.65° field grab and go too, lots of packages incomming ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Got a couple of those, good to see they've reinstated the centre catch which some genius decided to leave off for a while resulting in it gaping open with any weight in it.

Dave

It's tighter than I thought. I'm adding an auto focusser so need to rotate the scope with knobs upwards. Need to move the guide scope forward by adding another dovetail in between to do this. But my motto is "..if it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer.."

• Haha 1