Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Ha-ha..., no, I wish! But to be honest, I do like the azeq5 pillar tripod. It's not the most stable but it's really portable. After all, I got the azeq5 with portability in mind. The berlebach in my case would be a luxury, not a necessity, and would cost as much as I payed for the whole mount second hand.

Delivery 2/2 will be an OTA alternative to the 150pds...

1 hour ago, Littleguy80 said:

Christmas has come early in the form of an original Lumicon OIII filter! Looking forward to a shoot out between this and my Astronomik OIII :D 

9FEB73FA-329A-42F6-B3F3-187FE075A7A3.thumb.jpeg.6f7cef7e41e425bee9109f479ea8d08a.jpeg

Nice! Great specs :) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iPeace said:

15_Panoptic_arrived.thumb.jpg.e05a56a06cafeee2a49f67cdd460dca0.jpg

From Paul (@Tiki), by way of Steve (@Saganite) and Alan (@Alan White), this little gem has made its way to me. All true gents, whom I hope to meet in person some day, and who have taken great care to help make this happen. My thanks, appreciation and best wishes to them. :happy11:

Now, hopefully, for a clear night to see what I've got...

All I can say is that being part of the journey was great and thank you.
A very fine optic indeed and on my wanted list.

• Thanks 1

Received the mounting foot for my grab’n’go 80ED scope I had been after thanks to another SGL member Cleetus. Great guy. Sent the foot by 1st Class post and wouldn’t accept any payment. Not even for the postage. Some amazing members here. ???

Helps keep the weight down and perfectly adequate for visual. ?

John

63BDAE3B-72F2-48BC-8E02-C1397297882C.jpeg

F866DD3F-630F-4D76-B1E1-DAC380A23C80.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, iPeace said:

15_Panoptic_arrived.thumb.jpg.e05a56a06cafeee2a49f67cdd460dca0.jpg

From Paul (@Tiki), by way of Steve (@Saganite) and Alan (@Alan White), this little gem has made its way to me. All true gents, whom I hope to meet in person some day, and who have taken great care to help make this happen. My thanks, appreciation and best wishes to them. :happy11:

Now, hopefully, for a clear night to see what I've got...

Happy to have been of service.:smiley:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My visit today to the IAS yielded me a new dovetail and a baader uv/ir cut filter. 

Now I'm just waiting for the good people at FLO to return my star 71 and I'll be good to go with my "dual rig". 

It took me forever to work out how to attach everything together and a lot of scrambling around trying to find the right bolts. But I got there in the end. 

DSC_2473.JPG

DSC_2474.JPG

• Like 2