Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

My lounge is becoming a bit of an astro store showroom. Good thing I'm single. 

Left to right: Celestron 8se tripod and mount, Ravelli Pistol grip mount and tripod, Bresser AR 102 XS and AZ5 tripod/mount.

DSC_0258.JPG

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 7

Post person attended today and I brings my XW collection to short fl ones. 
Now have the 5XW and 3.5XW.
Just need to add the 10XW and 7XW as time passes and I will be in EP Nirvana.

IMG_3197.thumb.JPG.74b4d12a470295e5c2f39e72b8c57241.JPG

Used from fleabay, very nice condition indeed.
Sorry FLO bought used as I was about to pull the trigger on a new one from you.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

Post person attended today and I brings my XW collection to short fl ones. 
Now have the 5XW and 3.5XW.
Just need to add the 10XW and 7XW as time passes and I will be in EP Nirvana.

Very nice, Alan.

The final piece of my Nirvana Jigsaw arrived last week from FLO.

This is what Nirvana looks like...

1606007702_ScreenShot2018-07-27at19_03_52.thumb.png.a273746a0c73ad8b511e68abf77312fd.png

:icon_cool:

Edited by DRT
  • Like 9

33 minutes ago, DRT said:

Very nice, Alan.

The final piece of my Nirvana Jigsaw arrived last week from FLO.

This is what Nirvana looks like...

1606007702_ScreenShot2018-07-27at19_03_52.thumb.png.a273746a0c73ad8b511e68abf77312fd.png

:icon_cool:

Nice set Derek, I intend to run from the 10mm down, so 2 to go for me.

• Like 1

Testing out my old 15x70 with a new opticron  metal bino bracket.. the old plastic one has always been a bit flexible. Still flexible… huh, why is the head on my cheap horizon heavyweight tripod more wobbly than I remember… the metal casting in it has cracked!! After some recent research I’d convinced myself I did NOT need a new tripod/head, so I knew what to get, manfrotto mvh500ah head. Slight panic that the old tripod head mounting screw was too small, an enclosed thread adapter came to the rescue. Nice and smooth and vibrations die down quite quickly. I can also (just about) squeeze the frankentripod into the teleskop service carry bag which is a relief as it’s now even heavier than before… I might save up for a lighter set of tripod legs.

Cheers

Peter

23954AB5-0C99-4BC1-BFAB-D0DA69DBDA5B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 23/07/2018 at 14:20, F15Rules said:

Mr Postperson called today with a couple of small packages..

The first one contained these:

IMG_20180723_125217922.jpg

The second contained a nice Circle T 4mm ortho volcano top, which I plan to compare with my Parks Gold 3.8mm.

I owned a full set of BGOs a few years ago and confess I have missed them for certain applications such as lunar, planets and double stars.

I often wished they had offered the BGO lens set in a Circle T volcano top body..but I can use these with winged eyeguards, which I do find helpful in keeping my eyelash off the lens with the short eye relief..

I do like orthos..:thumbsup:

Dave

image017.jpg

I wonder if you regret letting me have the Antares 7 and 9mm ortho`s, sorry but not letting you have them back

2 hours ago, nightfisher said:

I wonder if you regret letting me have the Antares 7 and 9mm ortho`s, sorry but not letting you have them back

Jules, the answer is OFTEN! But it was needs must at the time and there is no point in looking backwards, only forwards - unless it's to learn from a previous mistake!?

I'm glad they went to someone who appreciates them.

Dave

• Like 1

A nice man from DPD turned up today with a little parcel from my Aunti Flo. Inside was a Mak to SCT converter and a Crayford focusser for my Mak 127. Sorry clothes peg, you've served me well, but now you're redundant. Oh and a couple of Bahtinov masks so I can make the most of my new found precision. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimothyC said:

A nice man from DPD turned up today with a little parcel from my Aunti Flo. Inside was a Mak to SCT converter and a Crayford focusser for my Mak 127. Sorry clothes peg, you've served me well, but now you're redundant. Oh and a couple of Bahtinov masks so I can make the most of my new found precision. 

And it's too large to fit . Oh well, come back clothes peg, all is forgiven.

I've got some catching up to do on this thread !

Nice XW's Alan - I went for the 7mm and 10mm new from FLO in the end (last year) to complete the middle-to-short end of the 1.25" set. Delos 14 and 17.3 and a Panoptic 24 completes the medium-to-longer end. 

Big delivery expected either tomorrow or Wednesday so I'll post something on that when it arrives.

Over the past few weeks the postie has delivered a 2x 2" Powermate, a set of orthos, a 40mm 2" eyepiece and a couple of other bits and pieces that have slipped my mind :rolleyes2:

Got to keep the astro economy ticking over somehow !

Resolution to downsize the eyepiece collection seem to have gone out of the window though :sad:

Better have a clear out soon or my astro storage facility (ie: the dining room) will be overflowing again :smiley:

• Like 1

On 26/07/2018 at 19:50, LukeSkywatcher said:

Not the full family. Good God, i have astro gear stashed away all over this bungalow...............it may take me yrs to find it. I cant find my SW Heritage 130P.

Must in the shed obsy or attic.

In that case Paul, when you have time, see if you can find a Nagler type 1  7mm eyepiece, or a Meade UWA 6.7mm, really not that fussy. :grin:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Jules, you are forgetting that I sold the Antares 7mm to you after I purchased it from Dave. It is a superb Ortho. I now have a MRG 7mm and a University Optics 7mm, both of which I believe to be as good. :happy11:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Saganite said:

In that case Paul, when you have time, see if you can find a Nagler type 1  7mm eyepiece, or a Meade UWA 6.7mm, really not that fussy. :grin:

I know for sure that I have neither. Probably have a couple of Kellner. 

• Haha 1