SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

• 2 weeks later...

Proving that sometimes it pays to ask, today I received a package of three items from Baader, two of which they don't usually sell. :) So from left to right; an M68 Clicklock, an M68x1mm to M68x0.75mm inverter ring and a Morpheus eyepiece holster. The inverter ring is the special piece here because it has allowed me to directly fit the Clicklock to a Bresser Hexafoc focuser and dispense with the low profile 2" clamp that comes as standard and doesn't hold any eyepiece or adapter with an undercut squarely (!!!).

IMG_20170426_172050.thumb.jpg.2816770f923d8666b699cf43e9b8bf14.jpg

And finally a picture of the Clicklock actually fitted to the focuser. It was quite a relief when it went on given that it fitting was dependant on my ability to use callipers correctly. 

IMG_20170426_181258.thumb.jpg.cc96caa9566c6b925cf8512cd7f8dc65.jpg

• Like 7

This morning I got an Explore Scientific H-Beta filter - Horsehead Nebula look out!  and a Baader ND 3.0 because it seemed rude not to at the price.  I know better than to use it for the sun in my system, but it isn't completely dark and I am interested to see how it reacts on other bright objects - later in the year Venus might be interesting.  I also got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxbridge-Black-Chiminea-Chimney-Waterproof-Outdoor-Garden-Furniture-Cover/361644973591?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D2e5f31d7a6bc48dc841bc85bd76e49e2%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D142361623965 For covering up the telescope if I don't want to bring it back in any late night until the moring - it's a great fit, seems quite robust enough and for a smidgen of the cost of a proper telescope cover.

• Like 3

A packet of Explore Scientific solar film to make a filter for my Dob when I get a moment - I'm not getting enough night time use and hope it will work for the sun too - currently taking suitable advice on this prospect from the solar observing board so I do it safely

• Like 2

That looks nice. It should add some rigidity to proceedings, as well as giving you somewhere handy to stash your ? ???

Mine is rubbish. It is the "C" click stop version. Great for stability. Rubbish for beer☹️☹️☹️

Seriously. I'm not sure that I could go back to metal tripods.

Paul

• Like 1

On 03/05/2017 at 13:11, laudropb said:

One from the FLO sale. Ordered 1 pm Friday. Arrived 9am Saturday. That's what I call service.

IMG_0312.JPG

You'll enjoy that! Have you or any other lengths?

I'm in the process of doing a bit of a SLV v Delos shootout. Those SPV's punch a long  long way above their price bracket. 

Paul

The postman, other that HMRC letters, has been a popular sight lately.

Will update with photos in the next couple of days when it has all landed.....???

I'm rubbish at waiting. Why isn't everything here now!!!?????????? Yes! Ten frustrated emojis!!!

NB. All sellers have been gray. I'm just massively impatient.

Sorry Chaps. Just venting.

Pauk

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Paul73 said:

The postman, other that HMRC letters, has been a popular sight lately.

Will update with photos in the next couple of days when it has all landed.....???

I'm rubbish at waiting. Why isn't everything here now!!!?????????? Yes! Ten frustrated emojis!!!

NB. All sellers have been gray. I'm just massively impatient.

Sorry Chaps. Just venting.

Pauk

I am always waiting for stuff from China for my flying hobby, and i get impatient waiting

As mentioned, the postie has been a busy boy:

- Bresser 102mm F10

- AE energy rejection filter in holder! (Thanks Morningboy)

- 2" Nosepiece adaptor (any guesses what I'm building?)

- wheels for my DIY Dob mover

- Televue Delos 6mm (thanks Charic)

IMG_9080.thumb.JPG.586cccbd586e6038e3e6c1eae6ce96db.JPG

IMG_9081.thumb.JPG.45520611f0471e282449621c7620b8b9.JPG

That will do for a while....

Paul

• Like 8

I have wanted to try one of these for ages and finally cracked a couple of weeks ago. It should give me a wider field than my Pan 35mm in the C11. 

IMG_0301.thumb.JPG.ad8a7afef872e30e8cad29b20731fe80.JPG

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Those look super comfortable Helen. I do like bamboo socks.

They sound a little scratchy to me but I guess I'm missing something? ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stu said:

My children had bamboo nappies. They were lovely and soft. Washing them was a fragrant chore ???.

By sprog number three. Disposables all the way! (Compostable of course).

Nice socks Helen.

Paul

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Scratchy would not be good Stu :wink2:  All will be revealed later...

Helen