Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

5 minutes ago, Alan White said:

They have one less as of yesterday.... incoming :icon_biggrin:

Dat's m'boy! ?

If you want a 17mm LVW, but can't find one, the 17.5mm Baader Morpheus is a good alternative. 

Edited by 25585
  • Like 2

Assorted lengths of M8 Allen head bolts today. Have been able to attach the Geoptik clamp to the side Skytee 2 head & have put a counterweight bar in the horizontal axis position. Probably need 25kg for the 120 Equinox mounted including diagonal, eps etc. Top has a little ADM clamp for a little ST80 acting as finder.

Bit more Primaluce for the other (100mm scopes) mount and that's it for hardware. SW holes don't align with PL ones ?

Edited by 25585
  • Like 1

I took delivery of a couple of 72mm ND filters for the canon.. the idea was to use them for time elapse photograph of water, clouds etc..

Now I'm not going to take credit for the 4 solid days of clear skies over yorkshire, but you buy stuff in the hope of clear skies, you get clouds... buy something wanting clouds, you get clear!! Go figure.. 

Your all welcome btw 

Ta

Fozzie 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Bought this old wooden box, as you can see it has a lift out tray which will have holes drilled in so I can put my new eyepieces in. Lots of spare room underneath for all your accesorries you collect.

9B8FVX.jpg

p36A6f.jpg

VIiHiR.jpg

JBrf9B.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Bought this old wooden box, as you can see it has a lift out tray which will have holes drilled in so I can put my new eyepieces in. Lots of spare room underneath for all your accesorries you collect.

JBrf9B.jpg

Doc, that's a nice box and and excellent use.
Will look wonderful once done.
Perhaps some baize or similar within to pad it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Doc, that's a nice box and and excellent use.
Will look wonderful once done.
Perhaps some baize or similar within to pad it?

I'm thinking that to Alan. Maybe some of that egg crate foam for under the lid, once closed it will secure the eyepieces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Well the incoming has arrived, thanks Tring Astro.
Mmmm a collection starting I think.

IMG_3134.thumb.JPG.e2d34edf9c43592dbdf74d21b4602548.JPG

That now makes 22mm, 13mm and 8mm LVW's.

3.5mm will be no problem. 5mm & up getting pricier. 30mm may still be around. 17 & 42 seem rarest after the 22 (which I see being advertised in the classifieds). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Well the incoming has arrived, thanks Tring Astro.
Mmmm a collection starting I think.

IMG_3134.thumb.JPG.e2d34edf9c43592dbdf74d21b4602548.JPG

That now makes 22mm, 13mm and 8mm LVW's.

That's a nice spread of magnifications Alan:headbang:

I think the LVW range is one of the most (if not THE most) comfortable to use, and tactile to the touch, pleasing eyepiece designs I've ever seen. I predict these will become future classics.

Dave

• Like 3

I received a nice used Baader Maxbright Binoviewer in the post this morning:happy11:.

I've owned one of these in the past, a good while back, but having recently bought a Revelation pair on ebay that arrived, literally, in bits, I am struck by how much more robust and better made the Maxbrights feel. It may well be the case that these lower end binoviewers are all made in the same plant, but they are NOT all built to the same standards!

Mine is an earlier version with a single retaining screw for each eyepiece holder, rather than the 3 for each of the later models. I much prefer this one as the single screws are larger, and you only have one each side to fiddle with, just like the WO version. And it does have compression rings, I hadn't realised that, so that's a bonus. And a good range of individual dioptre focus, around 6-7mm I would estimate. And of course the Baaders are unique, I believe, in having the T2 threading system, so these will go nicely with my Baader T2 prism diagonal to give the shortest possible light path.

Obviously the first light will be the real test, but so far so good and I'm optimistic:icon_biggrin:.

Dave

IMG_20180509_123258505_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180509_123350210.jpg

IMG_20180509_123336525.jpg

IMG_20180509_123310814.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, F15Rules said:

That's a nice spread of magnifications Alan:headbang:

I think the LVW range is one of the most (if not THE most) comfortable to use, and tactile to the touch, pleasing eyepiece designs I've ever seen. I predict these will become future classics.

Dave

Well, I totally agree, and I have said before that these have a charisma all their own; wonderful eyepieces at a comparatively low cost, and with the exception of the 13mm , I have owned them all, but sold them on, apart from the 42mm, in pursuit of binoviewing pairs that I can use.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, avtaram said:

These came today.

image.thumb.jpeg.7598994621c4adc215772f7288b978cd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1a2ffb363ab0625edf6c6f37a48bb922.jpeg

Two very nice pieces of equipment you have right there! And I see you have some good weather as well, what more could you ask for!!!?

Edited by Victor Boesen
typo
  • Like 1