SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

thought I'd try a couple Sky shots with the 2.1mm lens in place to see how this SPC900 does.

image.png.fe5a8043015b949d893337580c2c0228.png

image.png.4c96acd6721b9ed93a5d60afec6b70c8.png

Too narrow FoV and blocky at max 640x480 to be worth using as a SkyCam I think and I'd expect going wider with a 1.7mm lens would be even worse.

Added the scope nosepiece with IR filter
image.png.01905ab5bdc7c4852fb8d0d6e9807eac.png

Fitted it to the LT70AZ 70/700 scope to test with no diagonal in the path, not easy to hit focus on treetops that are blowing all over the place in the wind but

image.png.58bba508b374b0a3ef175847e1bacb8d.png

image.png.ac0a422759ebda9ee28e37d5335c1ee8.png

A fair bit of CA but at least a result and that little scope should be able to hit focus on the planets at least. I expect the TAL100RS would give a better result but is a lot more effort to shift out for a very brief test. 

• Like 1

Postie Pete has been, more Astro goodies.

IMG_1828.thumb.JPG.32d4ab87bef57b5db353bfc90b35bee1.JPG

Well I changed from electronic to paper based BAA membership as was not reading the Journal online,
having spent all day on a PC or tablet, somehow paper is a nice break.

The Animal hat is a new addition to the woolly hat collection, you have to wear the correct outfit after all.

Oh and as a teaser, DHL have arrived with a somewhat more expensive delivery too......
from a land down under 😉

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Postie Pete has been, more Astro goodies.

IMG_1828.thumb.JPG.32d4ab87bef57b5db353bfc90b35bee1.JPG

Well I changed from electronic to paper based BAA membership as was not reading the Journal online,

The Animal hat is a new addition to the woolly hat collection, you have to wear the correct outfit after all.

Oh and as a teaser, DHL have arrived with a somewhat more expensive delivery too......
from a land down under 😉

Are you going to learn to play the digerydoo?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

I read most publications online these days, but the BAA Journal is one of the few I still really enjoy having as a paper copy. Enjoy, Alan!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

I read most publications online these days, but the BAA Journal is one of the few I still really enjoy having as a paper copy. Enjoy, Alan!

Plan to Jeremy, just got fed up with a PC screen.
Something special about paper and print, soundly older by the day.....
at work today I uttered the word, 'You Youngsters' and then immediately regretted the wording!

• Haha 2

This little peach arrived today by the nice people in Germany, can't wait to test it out with my canon 450d, looking clear(ish) tonight so hopefully get some joy, was impressed by the good reviews of it and some other members owning this device. Couldn't afford a star adventurer and this is nice and portable to walk to pure dark spots around my village, clear skies everyone 📷🌌🔭

IMG_20201015_190342.jpg

• Like 10

23 hours ago, LeeHore7 said:

This little peach arrived today by the nice people in Germany, can't wait to test it out with my canon 450d, looking clear(ish) tonight so hopefully get some joy, was impressed by the good reviews of it and some other members owning this device. Couldn't afford a star adventurer and this is nice and portable to walk to pure dark spots around my village, clear skies everyone 📷🌌🔭

IMG_20201015_190342.jpg

Awesome mate. I'm glad you got it. I'm sure it will serve you well. I look forward to seeing some new and improved images when you get to give a it a good run :)

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BlueStinger said:

Awesome mate. I'm glad you got it. I'm sure it will serve you well. I look forward to seeing some new and improved images when you get to give a it a good run :)

Thank you, I have it a short run last night, was very cloudy but the odd small clear spell, just getting used to where to place the tension spring really to stop the very slight startrail but that was at 30 secs at 70mm, can't wait to give it a good run soon, though this one came with clouds oddly enough, I will post pgotis when I get it running properly, clear skies 🔭🌌📷

• Like 1

This dew shield arrived this morning. Would have got one from auntie FLO, but out of stock, so got this one from China. Seems very nice, but appears to have been sat on in transit and now is sort of triangular.☹️ Anyone any ideas on how to make it round again?

David

IMG_20201017_153442.jpg

ae_1602927210267.jpg

7 minutes ago, MrFreeze said:

Anyone any ideas on how to make it round again?

Presumably it has a velcro seam?  I'd try undoing it; rolling it up the wrong way, a little bit tighter than normal; apply some heat from a hair dryer for a while; let cool; then reconstruct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That sort of worked - it's not perfect, but a whole lot better. I didn't think of a hairdryer, as my wife thinks they ruin her hair and it's been a long time since I had enough hair to need one.🤣

David

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fozzybear said:

Found this on my doorstep today left by a french friend after fixing his computer the other week. what a kind gesture.

untitled.png

He even bought it from the long river UK site as it was still in the brown wrapping with a note stuck to it to say thank you.  Just love it and at 480 pages nice "cloudy night" read.

• Like 3

On 15/10/2020 at 15:25, Alan White said:

Well DHL have very quickly delivered a parcel from Serge at Astro Devices, what a nice guy he is, so helpful.

IMG_1830.thumb.JPG.4bc07d7a9b46d3fc38bc4a557d5c64e3.JPGIMG_1829.thumb.JPG.033761976219e22392ae85d191f8f082.JPG

Now on charge and I will try and fit the kit to my OOUK 250 tonight, its raining after all.

absolutely 100% agree with you about serge. nexus is amazing kit. use the new skysafi pro with it

• Like 2

16 hours ago, fozzybear said:

He even bought it from the long river UK site as it was still in the brown wrapping with a note stuck to it to say thank you.  Just love it and at 480 pages nice "cloudy night" read.

I've got this one aswell-great book.