SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Just picked this up from Gus @Knighty2112 at an M62 services - just as good as getting a delivery!  Thanks again, Gus!

Skytee II mount, two Vixen saddles, a guidescope mount, slow-mo cables, and a counterweight.  Can't wait to get this lot into action!

Curse of bad weather after getting new gear?  Already dealt with - it was chucking it down all along the motorway!

Doug.

P1060627.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cloudsweeper said:

Just picked this up from Gus @Knighty2112 at an M62 services - just as good as getting a delivery!  Thanks again, Gus!

Skytee II mount, two Vixen saddles, a guidescope mount, slow-mo cables, and a counterweight.  Can't wait to get this lot into action!

Curse of bad weather after getting new gear?  Already dealt with - it was chucking it down all along the motorway!

Doug.

P1060627.JPG

Glad it fitted into your existing tripod OK Doug. :) 

Just finished putting up a shelf for my Celestron Omni 120mm to sit on when not in use. It normally sat on the Skytee 2 mount until required. Now I’ve got a corner of my room back with the Skytee 2 mount gone I wonder what I can fill it with? Hehe! ;) 

32 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Glad it fitted into your existing tripod OK Doug. :) 

Just finished putting up a shelf for my Celestron Omni 120mm to sit on when not in use. It normally sat on the Skytee 2 mount until required. Now I’ve got a corner of my room back with the Skytee 2 mount gone I wonder what I can fill it with? Hehe! ;) 

Well, didn’t take too long to fill up that space again! The C8 on the AVX goto Mount fits in to that corner much better than the Skytee 2 Mount did. And the Celestron Omni 120mm can rest on the new shelf created for it. Wonder how long it will stay as tidy as that? Hehe! ;) 

8C0D2FB5-A97F-4DBD-BBD5-2FB8D115A35B.thumb.jpeg.d8a52e3890813e2fc5a9f1d22d1aee25.jpeg

Edited by Knighty2112
  • Like 3

HI There,

Ive had my SkyAtlas 2000 for some years now and as I have used it in the field with the dew and winds taking its tollSAC131018.thumb.JPG.c1ec536ff10501f17c10c9c6b39cfe49.JPG it was getting a bit dog eared to say the least. So I had a hunt on ebay and found these,they arrived about a fortnight ago.

It is the SkyAtlas 2000 paper version and the laminated field version, both seem to have been hardly used with two overlays which are spotless and still in their paper separators.It all came complete in a 2 zip leather case. The set knocked me back £120 which hurt a bit but it seemed too good to pass up.

To complete the set I got the SkyAtlas 2000 companion elsewhere on ebay for a further £20 which fits neatly into a pocket in the case.

The laminated version will be very handy (if I can tear myself away from my new GOTO that is)!

Regards Les.

SACO131018.JPG

Edited by Les Ewan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Les Ewan said:

HI There,

Ive had my SkyAtlas 2000 for some years now and as I have used it in the field with the dew and winds taking its toll it was getting a bit dog eared to say the least. So I had a hunt on ebay and found these,they arrived about a fortnight ago.

It is the SkyAtlas 2000 paper version and the laminated field version, both seem to have been hardly used with two overlays which are spotless and still in their paper separators.It all came complete in a 2 zip leather case. The set knocked me back £120 which hurt a bit but it seemed too good to pass up.

To complete the set I got the SkyAtlas 2000 companion elsewhere on ebay for a further £20 which fits neatly into a pocket in the case.

The laminated version will be very handy (if I can tear myself away from my new GOTO that is)!

Regards Les.

Very impressive - and well worth the money.

It's good to have these sorts of "hard copy" reference materials around isn't it - I've got a couple of books I use as, although you can easily find information on the www, it's great to be able to simply flip to a page without running back to the PC (and blinding yourself).

Might look into these myself - did you find the main set on eBay as well?

David

Exclusively for star field cruising in my 5" F15 , this beautiful Meade  'smoothie'  has just arrived. It is absolutely immaculate and considering its age, I doubt that it has had much use, not even a visible speck of dust. 

Exit pupil 3.73mm ,

TFOV 1.53 deg

mag. 35x

The eye lens is a massive 45mm. The eye relief is also  very long and may present a challenge, but I do have a black hood to blot out all extraneous light. :smiley:

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Highburymark said:

New night vision PVS-14 monocular being delivered tomorrow. Three new 2" eyepieces for night vision work with my 80mm and 100mm refractors.

Mods need to move this post to the thread called "What the Postperson is bringing tomorrow" LOLOLOL! ?

Edited by Guest

Currently the only eyepieces we can use afocally with a PVS-14 night vision monocular are those that accept TeleVue dioptrx. Luckily the Baader aspherics fit into that category - and they're £200 cheaper than a Panoptic 35. Surprisingly light and compact too. 

On 17/10/2018 at 10:03, David_L said:

This just in from FLO.......It's soooo much bigger than I thought it was LOL!

y4maUDNUr7-pquA8FIBlPO_PRbo4fQp0R8MdcUFH

Woah! (see below) It's bigger than the scope LOL! I bought this for my portable imaging rig and wanted something that would be light and easy to see through as I'll need to keep my bearings while moving through the constellation.

I'll be removing it once I'm on the target ?

David

y4mSgIr8YTy74-y-WKU_L5s62XqR5c2QC0XOpdJ2

And here is the night vision device, just arrived this afternoon from Nighttec in Germany. Just waiting for a small adapter from TNVC in the States now, so will be a week or two before I can fully test it with a telescope and eyepieces - and see how it performs under the most light polluted conditions in central London

IMG_1035.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, David_L said:

Woah! (see below) It's bigger than the scope LOL! I bought this for my portable imaging rig and wanted something that would be light and easy to see through as I'll need to keep my bearings while moving through the constellation.

I'll be removing it once I'm on the target ?

David

y4mSgIr8YTy74-y-WKU_L5s62XqR5c2QC0XOpdJ2

Tee hee! Perhaps a Rigel might be a better match size wise?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

And here is the night vision device, just arrived this afternoon from Nighttec in Germany. Just waiting for a small adapter from TNVC in the States now, so will be a week or two before I can fully test it with a telescope and eyepieces - and see how it performs under the most light polluted conditions in central London

IMG_1035.JPG

Very nice Mark. My newest one has a serial number of 156, only 4 away from you! ?

• Like 1

.... hope you have the filters on order and maybe a 3x multiplier lens as well?! You can enjoy the view already by going outside and holding a filter over the front lens (best if you are shaded from direct straylights/moon). With a transparent sky you will be treated to a view of some of the stars that have been “stolen” and maybe some nebulae too. 

Given you live closer to the square mile I’m not going to engage in a “my light pollution is worse than yours” competition! Welcome to the club!

PEter

• Like 1