SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

I agree. He writes well. Although his vast experience, Hawaiian sky and owl like eye-sight make me feel a bit rubbish as an observer. Best multiply his specified aperture requirements by 2 to get to ‘normal chap under UK sky’ territory.

Paul

Edited by Paul73
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

More books ?The Caldwell objectsThe Deep sky

Three books off Amazon all used in great condition for less than £40 the cost of one book new , Best Buy was The Caldwell objects £8.94 bargain ?

Nice - books I'm interested in picking up too!

• Like 2

On 3/18/2017 at 23:49, laudropb said:

The nice postie brought me a 14 mm ES 82 degree eyepiece to play with. If only it would stop raining.

IMG_0304.JPG

Sorry.......I was looking at the book you have :wink:

Edited by callisto
spelling
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mognet said:

Looks like the thread title got changed in the move. Confused me after not logging in for a week!

How bizarre, no idea how that happened. Will try to sort. Thanks for pointing it out.

37 minutes ago, Mognet said:

Treated myself to an Imakr Startt 3D printer as a Christmas present to myself. Felt like I was playing with Meccano for the first few hours as it arrives in kit form

Doesn't seem too bad for a £99 printer :D

IMG-20171201-WA0013.thumb.jpeg.afcefb4103b0e17c47b79fd5ab138b65.jpeg

20171203_193630.thumb.jpg.c4baf44b7bbff246d9e731346779f899.jpg

Wow, that looks like alot of printer for £99. I'm trying to resist the world of 3d printing, I'm wanting to simplify my life but Astronomy has other ideas :icon_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Hertford Stargazer said:

Wow, that looks like alot of printer for £99. I'm trying to resist the world of 3d printing, I'm wanting to simplify my life but Astronomy has other ideas :icon_biggrin:

It only has a small print volume, 120x140x130mm but it can be rebuilt for larger volumes apparently

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Insurance?

Yes we are covered, just waiting for it to dry to see how bad the stain is. Thankfully the carpet is terracotta-ish in colour so it might live to see another day. It was a bottle her employers gave her and it smelt awful so probably best we didn't try drinking it.

20 minutes ago, gtis said:

Not Astro related 

IMG_0420.JPG

Brilliant, had one as a kid, great fun. My son still has one that belonged to my father.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Helen said:

A new toy for the telementor??

Hi Helen,

Wow, that was quick, :clock:  in 8 minutes ! 

Yes, its an original Zeiss diagonal. I have been searching for one for a long time for our Telementor-1 with the helical focuser. We have a turret on the Telementor-2 model, but its just too much weight to use on the T-1 in my opinion. Now my Wife & I can have a choice of instruments to use without straining our necks. :smile:

PICT0005 (Medium).JPG

PICT0006 (Medium).JPG

PICT0007 (Medium).JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, L8-Nite said:

Hi Helen,

Wow, that was quick, :clock:  in 8 minutes ! 

Yes, its an original Zeiss diagonal. I have been searching for one for a long time for our Telementor-1 with the helical focuser. We have a turret on the Telementor-2 model, but its just too much weight to use on the T-1 in my opinion. Now my Wife & I can have a choice of instruments to use without straining our necks. :smile:

PICT0005 (Medium).JPG

PICT0006 (Medium).JPG

PICT0007 (Medium).JPG

Envious? me? never....well perhaps just a bit :wub:  My Telementor hasn't seen skies for quite a while - that's what comes of buying a Tak100 :wink2:  But it is such an iconic piece I can't imagine selling it!

Helen 

• Like 1

I agree with you Helen, these scopes are keepers for life. Our scopes haven't seen starlight since .......  :icon_scratch: Hmmm, I can't recall, lol.

Looking for Zeiss accessories is like fishing without bait on the hook, you just have to get lucky to snag one once in awhile.

• Like 1