SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Perseus Double Cluster

Ant-33

I just took the gear out for my first imaging session this winter. Mainly I wanted to make sure everything still works. I didn't have much time before the clouds rolled in, but I managed to get this capture of the Perseus Double Cluster. This is my first stab at processing it. It's five 3-minute guided subs stacked in DSS, and tweaked in PS. 

I see plenty of amazing images here on SGL, and you guys are amazing. I know I have a lot to learn, so I'm always open to feedback - with the caveat that I don't have expensive software packages at my disposal.

Clear skies

Tony

Try1 copy.jpg

Hi. Excellent shot.

9 hours ago, Ant-33 said:

open to feedback

One thing you can do to keep more detail and fainter stars is by not making the sky so black. You can do that in curves or levels; leave a gap to the left of the histogram as you stretch it rather than hard up against the left edge. HTH, cheers and clear skies.

clip.JPG

1 hour ago, alacant said:

Hi. Excellent shot.

One thing you can do to keep more detail and fainter stars is by not making the sky so black. You can do that in curves or levels; leave a gap to the left of the histogram as you stretch it rather than hard up against the left edge. HTH, cheers and clear skies.

clip.JPG

That sounds like good advice - many thanks. I'll give it a try. I noticed that I can see a lot more detail, but it's very faint, so I'll see if I can bring it out that way.

Archived