Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

leibek

new

Hello Leibek

Welcome from land down under

Enjoy your stay, and do not be afraid to ask question about type of scope purchase before rushing out and buying something you will later regret

Cheers

John 

Hello there, leibek, and welcome to SGL - it's nice of you to join us!

Feel free to ask any questions in all these many forums, finding answers is why we're here.

Starry Skies -

Dave

Welcome. Have fun with the hobby and the forum.

Hello and welcome to SGL.

How about telling us a little about yourself.
Are you new to astronomy or just the forum for instance?

Alan

Hello and welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the forums.

Clear Sky's.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Matteoconti1292
      Hi to everyone, 
      I'm new in the world of the telescope and as my first telescope I bought an used Skywatcher 70/700 with supatrak mount and I hope that someone can help to understand the equipment I'll need to connect (cable, bluetooth or wi-fi add) my telescope mount to a Mac and control it by software like EQMac or Stellarium.
      Thanks
    • By jamesn17
      Hey everyone, 
      Brand new to the forum but I've been amateur stargazing for a while. For the last 10 or so years I've been using a 4.5" aperture Dobsonian and it's been great but I think it's time for a large upgrade. There are so many options out there I wasn't sure where to start as I'm mostly just familiar with my own telescope and how it works. I'm looking for a step up and don't know whether I should stick with a Dobsonian and just get a larger aperture or try something else like a reflector (and if so, where to start). I love looking at planets and deep sky objects. I don't mind the size as long as it is generally portable. Preferably under 800USD but flexible.
       Thanks so much for the advice!
    • By Monofoot
      Hi guys, firstly - sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. 
      I've just ordered a Canon 600D to start doing some astrophotography and it arrives tomorrow - I'm stoked. I've been wanting to get into astrophotography for a while now and I'm so happy to finally be pulling the trigger.
      The last item on my shopping list is a solid beginner telescope which would couple well with my Canon 600D. The research I've done is all pointing towards a newtonian reflector.
      My primary goal here is to take some pictures of stars and planets with the Canon 600D attached to the telescope. I've been looking at the Sky-Watcher 114/900 as it's relatively cheap, which I think is great for someone just starting off - but was wondering what your opinions were seeing as you've all been through this before. Do you have any other recommendations? I'd like to keep my budget up to £300, and that's stretching it really.
      Thanks for taking the time to help!
    • By Grigs
      Just thought I would say hi to everyone. 
      I am a Noob, but have been googling astronomy for past year, so am familiar with some of the lighter terminology.  
      Most of my googles have directed me to this site, so I have already read forum posts here numerous times.
      Have already acquired quite a bit of kit, but just not found the time to try it out yet. 
      This should hopefully change soon as I am expecting to have a lot more spare time in a couple of months. 
      Being in the Midlands in the UK, I am not currently missing much, due to the current cloudy weather here. 
      I am looking forward to picking your brains and in time posting some of my experiences here. 
      Kindest regards, 
      Geo.

• By Ziopliukas
      Hello there! I'd like to start off by saying that I'm completely new at this so please don't get mad if I seem ignorant or don't know things. I recently came across a recommendation to go stargazing with night vision and that seemed like a really cool experience so that's why I'm here now. I wanted to ask whether it's possible to do that while spending less than $100? Obviously since I'm only getting into stargazing I wouldn't need anything too amazing, but I'm wondering whether it'd be very bad with equipment for under $100 and would it instead be better to find someone to lend from.  If it is indeed possible to achieve something fairly decent for a beginner for under $100, what would be your recommendations? Thank you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.