SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Oumuamua

Green Bank telescope in West Virginia will listen for radio signals from ‘Oumuamua, an object from another solar system.

Astronomers are to use one of the world’s largest telescopes to check a mysterious object that is speeding through the solar system for signs of alien technology.

https://swling.com/blog/2017/12/listening-to-oumuamua-via-the-green-bank-telescope/

72 73
John
N3AAZ

I been reading the chit chat about it for a few days, as to what it is well, the UFO people think its a craft, the others think its a sign, I just think it a asteroid, thay say its uncommon to see one with such a strange shape, but we havnt been able to see or track such things for very long so its hard for anybody to judge, the one thing for sure its traveling very fast around 172,000 km a hour. thanks for the link, clear skys. charl.

26 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

I been reading the chit chat about it for a few days, as to what it is well, the UFO people think its a craft, the others think its a sign, I just think it a asteroid, thay say its uncommon to see one with such a strange shape, but we havnt been able to see or track such things for very long so its hard for anybody to judge, the one thing for sure its traveling very fast around 172,000 km a hour. thanks for the link, clear skys. charl.

Good sum up... I agree.

14 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks MG, I could be well out with the speed mate, I must confess a part of me wishes it was a craft, it makes my imagination run wild.  charl.

Yeah, same here, something exotic like a alien piece of tech would be surreal, but in reality it's just a long thin rock... 

14 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

it sounds like its very dence, metal most likely , it would of made one heap of a mess if it had hit the earth, shame we didn't know about it before it passed earth, it would of made a nice pic. charl.

I'd leave that up to you... I do t have equipment good enough to track it at 20,000mm focal length 

11 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

It is a shame we couldn't have spotted it years in advance and "glued" a probe to it for a free ride...perhaps others more advanced did similar.

Alan

Now we're talking reality.... that would be awesome!!!

Archived