SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Work in Progress Mosaic of NGC281

CKemu

5a2fed855f5e5_HAQ1-4TEST-Edited.thumb.jpg.51e774af13d09563106143bebd7181d2.jpg

This is an early stages work in progress for NGC281, I have had the fortune to have a couple of clear nights, so started building this four panel mosaic. Currently a little light on subs, with the final quadrant only having 13 subs, the others having 20, each exposure was 600s shot through a reduced Meade LX90 8" with an ATIK414ex.

Can't wait to get more subs to push each 1/4 to at least 20-25 subs, and weed out some duff subs (random clouds suck). This is a rough stretch, though I am fairly pleased with it, - my only concern, and it's something I've had in other projects, I feel like the data is a little posterized - just wondering if that's something I am doing wrong in the stacking, I am using 16 bit data and using kappa-sigma clipping - do I need to up my iterations?

Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated and any feed back for my work in progress will be handy as I move forwards with this project.

Archived