SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CTB1 Supernova remnant + Sh2-170

Uranium235

Gawd blimey, this one is a bit tough. Ive thrown 6 hours worth of 30min subs at it and I've still had to thrash the data to get anything out of it!!

But... at least its not a total fail, its probably the best rendition of it ive managed for the last few years (each other time ending it total fail!). It definitely needs more data, at least 12 hours I think... perhaps more. So im not even thinking about colour at this stage...lol :D

Not very often I do 30min subs, but in this case - you have no choice! I think its something that would be better with a 3nm filter too, trying to keep the stars down when processing this is a bit of a tall task.

12x1800 (Ha)

Star71, Atil 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

38994982661_49d4d749c0_k.jpg

1 minute ago, Ibbo! said:

looks a toughie.

Blummin is Steve! I've had to process it five times just to get something that doesnt look like a wreck.

Im a bit bushed now, time to pack up the gear methinks! (its been continuing the Rosette-Cone mosaic... only 1.5 panels left to go!)

Great effort Rob. It certainly looks squeezed, but if that's what it takes, well done for getting it to appear.

I had to chuckle at the catalogue number: CTB1. I used to work with a chap who was known as CTB - Chief Talking B*ll*cks!!!

53 minutes ago, swag72 said:

This looks great Rob..... reminds me that I really must try it again after about 4 years.

Cheers, I was checking your version out, and it had double the exposure of mine - so I roughly know just how long this might take. With your new camera you could probably get both in one frame.

7 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

Cheers, I was checking your version out, and it had double the exposure of mine - so I roughly know just how long this might take. With your new camera you could probably get both in one frame.

Would have to be the dual rig........ when camera 2 comes back from the repairers ?

Archived