Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

celestron regal eyepiece

skmc1955

Ive been out in my garden tonight with my Tal1 and I've noticed that using the 20-60x zoom eyepiece that came with my Regal spotting scope gave better views of the Pleiades than the 25mm Plossl that came with the Tal. Is this an eyepiece anyone else uses? Could it just be that my Plossl is a dud, or would you expect the Celestron to perform better? Steve.

27 minutes ago, skmc1955 said:

Ive been out in my garden tonight with my Tal1 and I've noticed that using the 20-60x zoom eyepiece that came with my Regal spotting scope gave better views of the Pleiades than the 25mm Plossl that came with the Tal. Is this an eyepiece anyone else uses? Could it just be that my Plossl is a dud, or would you expect the Celestron to perform better? Steve.

What focal lengths does the zoom range cover?

I use two in a binoviewer to good effect.  They are quite good optically being nearly sharp to the edge at f/6, having long eye relief, a smooth zooming mechanism, being nearly parfocal across the zoom range, and having a nearly sharp fieldstop across the zoom range.  I prefer to use them with the eyecup completed screwed off to maximize eye relief.  Sheldon Faworski (MASILMW) sells Olivon branded blems of the Regal zoom on CN classifieds for $65 here in the states.

20 hours ago, skmc1955 said:

A lot of stock eyepieces that come in the box with most scopes unfortunately never seem to be of the best quality. Usually these stock eyepieces are just to get you going with the scope . So no surprise that you can find something better.

Archived