Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

bottletopburly

APT & All sky plate solver

I had wanted to get plate solving working in APT , after getting a bit puzzled by it downloading both plate solving applications ASPS -all sky plate solver and platesolver2, finally deleted PS2 and managed to configure ASPS and solve an image posted on APT forum ,so in theory this is ready to use within APT ,i found this article on APT forum which you may find useful if you fancy giving it a try   http://astropetros.eu/wp/?p=669

just tried solving an image i had ,didn`t have correct path for ASPS so sorted that ,retried and success it solved .

I don’t have to use plate solving that often, but when I do ASPS works very well for me.

Hello, I mostly use APT with plate solving futures, and must say.. both platesolver2 and ASPS -all sky plate solver work very well..

Regards

Thank you for sharing the link http://astropetros.eu/wp/?p=669

Martin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KevS
      This evening/morning I am having some problems getting my unmodified canon 600d to live view via apt. One hell of a palaver trying to get focused. Has any one suffered similar problems? Was working fine yesterday, tonight a bit of a disaster all round. I am running the feed for the guide camera down the same USB cable via a non powered hub, the camera works fine during the data gathering phase but no dam preview. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      K
    • By bottletopburly
      Currently setting up a pi4 with indigosky which will be run via APT , running win10  and the the latest APT Beta release 3.75.2 , now I can connect to indigosky server via browser , but I can’t connect via APT  indigo control panel throws up an error can’t connect to indigo or indi server  server address is default Indigosky , server port 7624 , on pressing navigate server error says dns address can’t be found , has anyone been successful in connecting to indigosky via APT running win10.
    • By Demonperformer
      The other night, I got a rather weird thing happen using Sharpcap. In live-stacking, the first image arrived and it was full of stars. So, without changing any settings, I did a "platesolve" (which also realigns the scope) to centralise my target. It did its single frame capture and I got a practically blank screen and a message saying it could only detect 3 stars. I tried reducing the "sigma" setting, as advised by the on-screen message, with little effect. What gets me is that the same settings produced a whole mass of stars in each of the subs that were being live-stacked. Never had this happen to me before, and no, of course I didn't do anything intelligent like saving the log file!
      I can always try to replicate this next time (although I always find trying to replicate something that isn't working to be a weird activity in itself!), but on the off-chance that anyone can see what was happening without the log file, I thought I would ask.
      Thanks.
    • By Hughsie
      I use the Celestron AVX mount and I also use Astrophotography Tool when imaging.
      When I start my imaging session I will undertake a two star alignment then move to my target and THEN platesolve to ensure I have the object centred.
      My question is do I need to bother with two star alignment (or any other Celestron alignment for that matter)? 
      My thought would be to Polar align then take a shot of Polaris and plate solve this, sync the result to the mount then “Goto” from there. The only issue I have is when you switch the mount on and enter time/date etc it asks you to do a star alignment so how do I ignore this or do I do just that, ignore it!
      Sorry for the rambling question.
      john
    • By PembrokeSteve
      Hi,
      I am at the moment trying to set up "Dithering" on my APT. 
      I am presently using a Canon 600D, with Orion ED80 Refractor, mounted on my NEQ6PRO.
      Please note, I have not yet progressed to Guiding - NO GUIDING
      Do I basically select "APT Dithering" and maybe leave all the other settings at Default?
      Most grateful if anyone can let be know which settings I might need to adjust, and to what values.
      Finding it all a little bit confusing !
      Many Thanks
      Steve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.