Narrowband

SW AZ - Gti mount firmware update??

hadyn42

Yikes! I just bought this mount and find that the tracking 'jusdders' rather than tracks smoothly, even with low power eyepieces. 

I was told I probably needed to update the firmware but looking at this thread I'm terrified to even try! 

Has anyone ever successfully updated! First go? Lol. 

On 21/11/2021 at 09:47, FrankRyanJr said:

Yikes! I just bought this mount and find that the tracking 'jusdders' rather than tracks smoothly, even with low power eyepieces. 

I was told I probably needed to update the firmware but looking at this thread I'm terrified to even try! 

Has anyone ever successfully updated! First go? Lol. 

Hi

I have updated my mount many times, first couple of goes with the WiFi just make sure your laptop isn't connected to the Internet when updating firmware and do it close to the router. 

I now do it via a pc direct eqdir cable and still have the laptop not connected to the Internet and all is successful. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 26/01/2021 at 12:57, AdeKing said:

Connect your phone to the mounts WiFi, start up the Synscan app then press the "i" icon in the top right of the screen next to the chevrons.

Then scroll down and the motor board firmware version is indicated there.

Ade

I had the same question, so thank you, Ade