SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron starsence autoalign

Hi guys just got celestron starsence for my celestron edge hd 8 set the whole thing up last night when i turned it on it came up new telescope then it started to align its self without me putting anything into the hand control no date time or location it would scan the sky for a few minutes then stop saying on hand control serching dont no why its doing this in the manual it tells you to put in date time and location but it wont let me do this any ideas guys cheers rob. 

Think as far as I remember the top right hand button takes you into the menu..

I found the manual most unhelpful..

Do not remove your finder as suggested..i did..i was 10 miles from home and out of frustration I couldn't even use my normal handset as couldn't star align ..first of many nights wasted

The manual is not that bad, but it is advisable to download it as a .pdf to be sure you have the latest version.

Do not assume that the HC works in the same way as the standard HC, because it doesn't, including which button you press first after turning it on.

I concur that the finder should not be removed (unless you are forced to do so for mechanical reasons) as you will need it for setup, particularly with a narrow field telescope like a SCT.  After that, you should only need the finder for the 'solar system align' option.

Archived