Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1805 Heart Ha/OIII

Midnight_lightning

The clouds finally parted last night and  I added 20 x 20min Ha to 8 x 20 OIII that I took a month ago.

Just processed as Ha/OIII in Star Tools LRGB module to see what I got.

I haven't worked out how to process properly, I think I need to use layers to hopefully get some blue showing as well, that's next.

IC1805-Heart-Nebula-Small.jpg

The images that really impress us lot here are never the same ones that seem to impress the "normals". While we might pixel peep, my wife is only really happy if the shape of the objects match their names! You can't please everyone! :) 

Anyway, looks nice to me. You could try the synthetic green approach (Ha:R Oiii:B) if you want a more natural looking palette.

On 10/12/2017 at 01:25, Midnight_lightning said:

Earlier on, I excitedly called my wife to come and see my latest deep sky image.

Full of pride, and hoping she would say "wow that's amazing", she glanced at it and said "well at least the colours are Christmassy", and walked off.....

Wives and husbands eh...... what do they know? I am yet to have a single image that raises any degree of worthwhile comments from my husband ?

Archived