Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_winner.thumb.jpg.e75de1ff1128e51a02fe7b63e48dbc51.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Petewebb

Skywatcher pier extension stability

Petewebb    0

Can anyone help me with my pier extension. The mount grips the top of the pier with the azimuth bolts but the extension has no way of gripping the tripod peg and so the whole assemble from the tube upwards can rotate slightly has anyone found a solution top stop this ?

brantuk    3,187

Some extensions have a hole in the bottom that locates over the tripod peg to prevent lateral movement. Some of them unfortunately don't. I have one that does and one that doesn't - in which case I just tighten the tripod bolt as much as possible to prevent turning. I only use that one for observing anyway. :)

derekf    16

Wish I had read this post before purchasing one for my NEQ6 pro mount :BangHead:  but looking on the bright side it will make a nice contemporary plant pot in the garden :D

Cosmic Geoff    264

The same slop occurs with an AZ-4 head. I just tighten the large securing knob. Or you could try Loctite.