Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help identifying Geoptik Nikon or Canon

JayPea

Hi,

Just a quick question. I took delivery of a new Geoptik CCD to Canon EOS mount today. But my EOS bayonet mount is too big to fit it. Now I'm 95% sure they have sent me a Nikon version (although it's in a "CCD - Canon Connetion" box).

I hesitate as I'm actually going to use it on Nikon G (no aperture ring) lenses so I have a Nikon(G) to Canon EOS adapter with the aperture arm adjuster on it. So it's the EOS adapter that doesn't fit. I'm no Canon expert but I know they have some different mounts unlike Nikon that stuck with F mount. Maybe I have the wrong adapter? but I have no Canon EOS lenses to try on it. I've tried a Nikon lens on it and the fit is a bit lose and it doesn't click into place. It looks like you tighten up a ring to clamp it in place and then it's OK although it doesn't align with the lens white dot at the 12:00 position. Is this expected?

I think the other giveaway might be that it only takes 1.25" filter and not 2". Can anyone tell for sure before I ask for a swap? 

Pictures below. First has Nikon lens cap, Geoptik mount and the Nikon side of the adapter. All are around about 46.7 diameter female bayonet hole.

Second shows the Nikon lens clamped on and the back of the Geoptik - only 1.25" filter space so Nikon version? The mount also looks used with marks on the flat face and scratched threads which might explain why it's been out the box and put back in the wrong one.

The third just shows a Nikon lens with the adapter on it. I'm estimating it needs a 53mm female bayonet verses the 46.7 I have.

Having just written this I'm more like 99% sure it's a Nikon mount but I think I'd better check before I swap.

Thanks for your help,

John

all nikon.jpg

is it a nikon mount (1 of 1).jpg

EOS adapter diameter.jpg

Archived