Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1795 - The Fish head nebula 2 pane mosaic

swag72

This one has been sitting around for quite a while... usual thing where I only post when it's not been tweaked for a while! This is a 2 pane mosaic with a couple of new things to me..... The FOV is small and so when you look at it in comparison with the complete Heart nebula complex it really puts my differing FOV's into context.

I have processed this one differently to my usual as I felt that when I did my more normal colours it looked a little flat. Leaving some green and cyan seemed to give it a depth that was otherwise lost.

This is 50 hours worth of total exposure.

Details:

Mount: mesu 200
Scope: TMB 152/1200
Camera: QSI690 ws-g with 3nm Chroma narrowband filters.

Each pane had the following data.... 20x1800s Ha, 15x1800s OIII and 15x1800s SII.

It was pre processed, calibrated and also stitched together in APP.

You can see a larger version and information about how it fits in with IC1805 here

SGL.jpg

Hi Sara,

wonderful! The stars of your TMB Apo are quite nice. As well the rest of the image beginning with colors ending with details. A picture has to mature sometimes, which is also the case with my images.

Jens

Thanks guys for your comments.... I tried this target last year, but it was jinxed for me in 2016 and every time I tried things went very wrong..... Looks  like 2017 is the year, lets hope I have luck in other things :D 

Archived