Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Peter Drew

Stargazing Live 2018

We have just been informed that the BBC will not be holding Stargazing Live, as in previous years, in 2018. An enthusiastic team involved with the previous events are hoping to fill the gap with a social media based event on February 16th and 17th 2018.  <gostargazing.co.uk>  

Edited by Peter Drew
correction
  • Thanks 1

so what is GoStargaze.co.uk ?? it doesn't appear link to anything actually on the internet.  do you mean http://gostargazing.co.uk/ ??

So does this mean there will be no BBC TV program next year? Or are you referring to a particular public event associated with the program?

@artoleus.  Yes that's the link (my bad memory!). Unfortunately no Stargazing Live 2018 programme direct from the BBC. The team at gostargazing are hoping to help initiate a national event hosted by societies via social media.

• Confused 1

I guess they finally blew the budget going out to Oz.. I wondered how long they'd keep it up

• Like 1

I am disappointed after that fiasco last year. I have been waiting all year and was hoping to get tickets to Jodrell Bank for one of the days. 

The astronomy Centre will be running "Stargazing Live" events on those dates for anyone that can turn up.   :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

Hmmm, curious. Sky at Night just announced that there won’t be a January 2018 S@N as they’re making way for Stargazing Live. 

Just tweeted Chris Lintott  he said Sky at night is on in January as usual stargazing live is taking a hiatus in 2018

Edited by wookie1965

It is a shame the event isn't happening this year. I think it is a useful event in the annual calendar to get the general public interested. It needn't be a vastly expensive venture.

Shame.

James

There's far too many of these astro programmes and events concerning astronomy on the BBC! What we want is more programming about chefs going overseas and informing us about the local cuisine, sowing and singing competitions, and how to lose 20 stone in 3 weeks.

Edited by Cleetus
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cleetus said:

and how to lose 20 stone in 3 weeks.

That's easy, put down the fork.