Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TEC160FL/Panther TTS - first light review

GavStar

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stu FAST optics + NV is the solution, then you just need a collection of fast optics to chang the view.

Big scopes can support higher magnification and being bigger than r0 (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_seeing) means they suffer turbulence far worse.... why solar imagers rarely use big scopes as you hardly even get days where the seeing is steady enough.

Peter 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, hoverge said:

Thanks for the report Gavin. May I know what telescope/mount you selected on Skysafari when you connected it to TTS-160? Does it work flawlessly?

It’s the Meade classic lx200. Yes it works well!

3 hours ago, jetstream said:

Gavin is the TEC160FL fluorite? I am considering the TEC 140 fluorite that should come out soon.

Superb scope BTW!

Gerry, yes it’s fluorite ? I previously had a tec 140 fpl53 - excellent scope and quite easy to handle.

I realised that me and my mount could handle a bit more so I p/x my 140 for a 160. I never got to compare them side by side but I didn’t think there’s much between them and the new 140 fluorite will be even better than the old one I’m sure! Under your dark skies it will be amazing.

I think Stu quite liked my 140 when he looked through it as well ?

2 hours ago, GavStar said:

Gerry, yes it’s fluorite ? I previously had a tec 140 fpl53 - excellent scope and quite easy to handle.

I realised that me and my mount could handle a bit more so I p/x my 140 for a 160. I never got to compare them side by side but I didn’t think there’s much between them and the new 140 fluorite will be even better than the old one I’m sure! Under your dark skies it will be amazing.

I think Stu quite liked my 140 when he looked through it as well ?

Thanks Gavin, I think I'll email TEC to see how long it will take and if its a reasonable time frame slap a down payment on one. If it will take too long then a TOA130 maybe, we'll see. You have some nice glass (erm fluorite! :icon_biggrin:) there Gavin!

Archived