Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_rgb.jpg.9467c4d39b22ba8239e1b5ad252fcee2.jpg

Mr_42tr0nomy    213

Hey guys! I grabbed 3 hours old RGB data on M31 under bortle 4 skies. I processed it one time and have never gone back to it. I’m very pleased with the results and this camera never ceased to amaze. A very underrated camera in my opinion. Hope you all enjoy :)B21F0EBE-6687-444D-82B7-C947AED0EE21.thumb.jpeg.c5497d0850f48307721229d1bbe05256.jpeg

1 hour each RGB (12x900s)

William Optics 102mm apo, Orion Atlas, ATIK 414ex moon, qhy5l-11, WO 70mm guide scope. 

Edited by Mr_42tr0nomy
  • Like 6

Pieter    41

Beautiful picture!

Just to be certain, this is old data or 3 hours old like in you took it 3 hours ago? :-)

• Haha 1

ollypenrice    17,605

So that's an hour per channel in R and G and B?

Olly

swag72    5,475

To enter the competition, the data must be taken between specified dates...... 1st December is the start date I believe. Your post suggests this is old data? If I have misunderstood the wording in the original post then I apologise.

• Like 1

Mr_42tr0nomy    213

I’m sorry you all, I meant 3 hours OF** data. Not OLD 😅. That’s my mistake 

• Thanks 1

wimvb    2,039

Remarkable image. The dust tendrils spiraling into the core seem to hover above the galaxy, rather than being in it. I don't think I've ever seen this before in an Andromeda image.

• Thanks 1

Mr_42tr0nomy    213

So to be clear, one hours of each red green and blue using 10 minute exposures. Taken dec 1 and dec 2 in Pine, Colorado.

Jannis    682

That's a really nice image there! I love the colors, and the contrast seems just about right too. :)